Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

TF 2.5" BB lift install help.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everybody, I finally received my aftermarket wheels and tires along with my TF 2.5" BB with shock extensions, and the weather is going to be great this weekend.

Before you continue reading, I am not asking for a “handout” of sorts. I can pay you if you do decide to help me (we can discuss later). I am very interested in learning about the JK mechanics, and would like to get hands on…there is an issue that I posed in my previous thread (linked below). I do not have a garage large enough for this (townhome livin&rsquo, nor do I have the appropriate tools. As mentioned also, you can just sit back, sip your Bud, and just tell me what to do (baptism by fire of sorts?). I am sure I will need to take this in to get it aligned afterwards (I hear maybe I won't need to ). I understand beggars can’t be choosers, but I would really prefer somebody who had installed this lift before (it’s a critical part of the Jeeps’ mechanics, so I would like to have some previous experience in turn for piece of mind). Maybe a “lift party” can be arranged?

So in essence, if you have a free day and would like to take apart a JK and install a Budget Boost, then please reply to this, or PM me. I already had plenty of help with Mike, Terry, and Brian with some of the initial parts that I will “modify” from the MWJT! Much appreciated to all! I will throw out a date; if you have another in mind and really would like to help, let me know.

I would love to get together this Saturday April 5th to get this going. I live in Maryland Heights, MO and could drive around a 20 mile radius or so if needed.

Thanks all,

-Patrick

Last edited by thetasigma1412; 03-31-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Do it yourself lift garage shop

Originally Posted by thetasigma1412
Hello Everybody, I finally received my aftermarket wheels and tires along with my TF 2.5" BB with shock extensions, and the weather is going to be great this weekend.

Before you continue reading, I am not asking for a “handout” of sorts. I can pay you if you do decide to help me (we can discuss later). I am very interested in learning about the JK mechanics, and would like to get hands on…there is an issue that I posed in my previous thread (linked below). I do not have a garage large enough for this (townhome livin&rsquo, nor do I have the appropriate tools. As mentioned also, you can just sit back, sip your Bud, and just tell me what to do (baptism by fire of sorts?). I am sure I will need to take this in to get it aligned afterwards (I hear maybe I won't need to ). I understand beggars can’t be choosers, but I would really prefer somebody who had installed this lift before (it’s a critical part of the Jeeps’ mechanics, so I would like to have some previous experience in turn for piece of mind). Maybe a “lift party” can be arranged?

So in essence, if you have a free day and would like to take apart a JK and install a Budget Boost, then please reply to this, or PM me. I already had plenty of help with Mike, Terry, and Brian with some of the initial parts that I will “modify” from the MWJT! Much appreciated to all! I will throw out a date; if you have another in mind and really would like to help, let me know.

I would love to get together this Saturday April 5th to get this going. I live in Maryland Heights, MO and could drive around a 20 mile radius or so if needed.

Thanks all,

-Patrick
CHECK THIS PLACE OUT IS LIKE 3.5 hour drive and they have all you need to fish your project https://americandiyg.com/adiyg/
Old 07-08-2020, 12:21 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Keep in eye on dates. Post was 6 years old.
The following users liked this post:
Rock4LF (07-08-2020)

Quick Reply: TF 2.5" BB lift install help.