Notices
Middle East If you live in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait or other Middle Eastern country and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

middle east postage

Old 07-22-2009, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another Dubai resident here, I've got a 2009 JK in Detonator Yellow (the only yellow JK I've even seen in Dubai) that I drive around like a maniac. Planning on lifting it etc if I ever have any money.

My brother owns a JK too, 2007. I'd like to get some pics of both together, but his has been in and out of the repair shops for the past two months...
Old 07-22-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default Dubai

Another 4 door JK owner from Dubai here. I was just in Al Futtaim yesterday and they don't recommend anything greater than a 2.5" lift as any more and there is a risk of not getting it passed at the vehicle check on re-registration. I am ok this year but when my JK turns 2 I don't want to have to drop it to pass and then lift again. Any experience out there with this? Or do I just find someone with Wasta to come with me to get it "approved"?

I am waiting for AF, Icon and Liberty Sport to come back with prices at the moment.

Thanks

S
Old 07-22-2009, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

Ahhhhh, you're forgetting the wonderful new law, whereby cars and SUVs don't need to pass Tamam/Tasjeel/etc for the first 4 years.

I found out about this law two weeks after it was passed (the day they announced it was my day off), I deal with among other things registration renewal for 50+ vehicles, and since it had passed I'd sent 3 cars for tamam! What annoyed me most was that they didn't even bother to say "Oh, you don't need to, your car is new". Of course, they wanted some more money.

If you're ordering a lot of bits, might be worth looking at prices from the US. May be marginally cheaper, even with shipping.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default 2 to 4 years

Thanks for that info. When did the law change? I reregistered
my wifes 2 year old car in February thinking I needed the Tasjeel test first.

This bit of news changes my options seriously; having to alter the car in 3.5 years to pass a test rather than 1.5 is far more appealing.

As usual the laws are out there in a well communicated manner!

S
Old 07-26-2009, 02:53 AM
JK Newbie

Beginning of June if I recall correctly. As I say, I found out after sending 3 vehicles there!

I'm so sick of the way the laws change constantly with no real rhyme or reason. My brother bought a 13 year old TJ cheap, lifted it, new wheels/tyres, custom bumpers, and repainted it all. It was beautiful, but he sold it because the law banning the registration was due to come in... and then it didn't. On the plus side, he made all his money back when he sold it. Now he's back I'm hoping to try and get some pics up.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:03 PM
JK Super Freak

In Kuwait til next summer but my JK is back in sweet home Alabama
Old 01-20-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

You guys should post some pictures treading in desert. Any Iraninan with JK???
Old 03-23-2010, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default Desert Pics linked

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/members/sclarke74-25937-albums/
Old 03-23-2010, 04:34 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, Looking for some contact help. Do any of you guys have contact information for ARB Dubai? Email or a website link?

Thanks,

Brett
Old 03-25-2010, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

w w w.icon-auto.com/icdelo.html

and here's the site for ARB:

w w w.arbemirates.com/

Quick Reply: middle east postage