Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

First trip to Moab

Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First trip to Moab

Dumb question.......are any trails seasonal there? We're headed out the morning of March 2nd. Well have a pretty good crew with about 5 jeeps. I'm ready!!

Thank
Old 02-11-2013, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Had 3 inches of new snow this AM...........so ya never know ! You should be fine on most of them, little snow makes it more interesting. Enjoy!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check with these guys over the phone, or when you're there. VERY helpful bunch of people. They will be able to tell you of any closures or washouts.

Moab Visitor Center
125 East Center Street
Moab, UT 84532
(435) 259-8825
Old 02-12-2013, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think the weather tere is about as predictable as where I live! (North Texas). I had the a/c on yesterday headed home from work and this morning we had 5" on the ground and still coming down! Little snow never hurt anyone!

Thanks for that information I will be calling to check out

I know it's a bit early in the year possibily but it's how everyone's schedule worked out so were gonna do it. Been trying for years but we finally said piss on it and said we're going!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Moab weather looks good for this next week. Light chance for snow one day.... That's okay. We're headed out Saturday. 4 days left.

In preparation my brother did a woody front dshaft, Yukon front shafts and lockrite. I did some USA alloy shafts and a lockrite. I've wheeled mine 2 times and it feels good. Bit different than the front open diff.

Glad to be making our first trip!

Quick Reply: First trip to Moab