Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

For the SoCal Folks..I15 Closure This Weekend, 3/27 and 3/28

Old 03-23-2010, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For the SoCal Folks..I15 Closure This Weekend, 3/27 and 3/28

Just got this notice from Caltrans and SoCal Edison.

March 18, 2010

CALTRANS

Subject: Overhead Electrical Wire Maintenance across I-15

Southern California Edison (SCE) appreciates the opportunity to address the California Department of Transportation regarding the overhead electrical wire maintenance being proposed on I-15. To properly notice the traveling public, we have provided a general statement that will be released to the traveling public through radio media that is as follows:

The Cajon Summit / Oak Hills Area of the High Desert – Southern California Edison construction crews will be briefly closing the southbound lanes of the I-15 at Oak Hills Road and the northbound lanes of the I-15 at Joshua Street. The closures are part of ongoing overhead electrical wire maintenance. During this time, traffic will be diverted to frontage roads. Please plan for additional time in completing your travel through the area. Detour signs will be utilized to notify the motoring public in advance. CHP will be monitoring the flow of traffic within the project limits for your safety. See schedule provided below:

I-15 Northbound from Oak Hills Road to Joshua Street
Saturday, March 27, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and Sunday, March 28, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Full freeway closure

I-15 Sorthbound from Joshua Street to Oak Hills Road
Saturday, March 27, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and Sunday, March 28, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Full freeway closure

If you're coming from the SoCal area, planning on joining the convoy on Saturday but are not spending Friday night in Vegas, you need to hit the road real early.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:10 AM
JK Junkie

yeah that will miss it toadster
Old 03-23-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Junkie

that's for saturday/sunday anyway toadster.you are still coming up friday night ,right?

Quick Reply: For the SoCal Folks..I15 Closure This Weekend, 3/27 and 3/28