Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1.5 spacers on JK with no lift, nice

Old 04-20-2008, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.5 spacers on JK with no lift, nice

I just put on the spidertrax 1.5 spacers on mt 2 door JK with no lift and 18 sahara wheels . I looks great and rides perfect. I highly recommend these for anyone looking to get that wider stance without changing rims. It's a total of 3 inches wider and looks like it shoud have been this way from the factory. I will try to get pics up, but it's the best $200 you can spend on your JK . My 2cents opinion
Old 04-20-2008, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

I did this as well to my Sahara.....Luv it!
Old 04-20-2008, 04:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Old 04-21-2008, 04:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by N2rock
Pictures!

I have considered this for a long time. For some reason I keep thinking 1.5" would be too much for the skinny stock tires. I'm thinking 1" would look more correct, but would love to see what the 1.5" with stock tires looks like.
Check out the yellow unlimited photo galleries page 4 adapters 006,007,008. This is my JK with 1.5 spacers. I have NO complaints, I really do like this simple mod. Enlarge the photos for a true perspective on the stance.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

I just put mine on tonite too. Stock 32x10 tires on 17" stock wheels.

Before:

After:

Thanks to northridge4x4.com.

Last edited by priell3; 04-21-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Come to think of it. Stock does look a lil bit inset without the spacers..with them , it makes them look better.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just put the same spacer's on my Rubi a couple of weeks ago....I'm with you, LOVE EM'. You're 100% right and I was thinking the same thing after I installed mine.. "This Jeep should come from the factory with this stance".

Although, I have noticed that quite a bit more water/dirt/mud gets slung on the side of my Jeep than before I installed the spacers....But I ain't complaining..

Tony
Old 04-24-2008, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Spacers??

I was going to put spacers on my JK, but no one would sell them in this area. They report they are noted for breakage and are un-safe. Has anyone had problems with theirs? I like the look they give.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by grayghost
I was going to put spacers on my JK, but no one would sell them in this area. They report they are noted for breakage and are un-safe. Has anyone had problems with theirs? I like the look they give.
Yeah - there are a TON of people who are familiar with the "PepBoys Specials", the spacers that are like metal plates with holes and slots in them....and which depend upon the lug nuts to hold the spacer tight, sandwiched between the rim and hub.

THOSE spacers ARE unsafe and ARE failure prone, and are WHY people say bad things about spacers...true things, as those spacers ARE BAD.

We are NOT talking about THOSE spacers though, we are talking about Steel or Aluminum spacers that actually bolt to the hub with their own lugs, and then the rim bolts on to it directly...These spacers ARE fine, no problems.

So, sandwiched between rim/hub, no dedicated attachments = BAD

Bolted to rim, and to hub, separately, = GOOD

Old 04-24-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

I had to install spacers because I plan on keeping the stock wheels and I love the look. If you 33's or close you might need a BB so you don't rub the fender at full flex.

Quick Reply: 1.5 spacers on JK with no lift, nice