Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1.5" Wheel spacers HELP!

Old 01-20-2017, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't retorque after applying red threadlock. It'll break the "lock". Install them correctly and forget about them. I ran them for 40k miles. One thing to note: three came off easy peezy. One of them however, froze to the rotor and it took a dead blow hammer and hot torch to remove it. It was a bitch. Not undoable if it happens, but no regular tire shop will remove them for you. Some tire shops won't even rotate ur tires if u have them. So ur" may be on ur own. Chrysler La Mesa in SD rotated mine and never mentioned anything about them. I'm sure they documented my use of them, so future warranty work, if needed, will be questionable. My lift doesn't help things out either, but...
Old 01-20-2017, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

Getting ready to lift my jeep, in order to keep my wheels (5.51" BS) I need spacers so I bought a set of 1.5" hubcentric spacers. Haven't lifted it yet but liking the new stance.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I've got a set of the Spidertrax "blems" in black. I couldn't find the cosmetic flaw they supposedly had. No problems in 40,000 or so miles.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

I guess it depends on what you plan on doing. If you are wanting to keep the same wheels and tires but just want a little bit wider then yeah go for it. But you have to understand that it could ad stress to things if you do any kind of major wheelin. If you are changing your wheels then i would recommend just getting an offset wheel so you don't have to mess with spacers.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BOWICON
you have to understand that it could ad stress to things if you do any kind of major wheelin. If you are changing your wheels then i would recommend just getting an offset wheel so you don't have to mess with spacers.
It's been beaten to death on here but it doesn't seem that any more stress would be added by wheel spacers that isn't added by an offset... I'm no engineer but occasionally I stay at holiday inns...Essentially isn't it just two different ends to the same problem...both do the same thing as far as pushing the forces farther out right?
Old 02-17-2017, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Smudgeontheglass
G2, teraflex and many others make 1.5" spacers. I've heard of people who have broken several sets of spidertrax. I have heard of people who have wheeled 10k miles on the Chinese Amazon brands. I personally used G2 spacers until I got new wheels with proper offset. What it comes down to is making sure that you install them correctly. Apply anti-seize to the hub, use a torque wrench and RED threadlocker on the studs, and use the torque wrench on your wheels as normal. Generally it is a 2 person install as you'll need someone to step on the brake. Just like with a tire rotation, make sure to torque the wheel spacers after about 100 miles as well as after any major wheeling trip.
If they get stuck to the rotor pull all the nuts off of the spacer, then remount the wheel, you should be able to pop them off pretty easy with the extra leverage of the wheel.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mike1
If they get stuck to the rotor pull all the nuts off of the spacer, then remount the wheel, you should be able to pop them off pretty easy with the extra leverage of the wheel.
I like this technique for getting the spacers "unstuck". One of mine got stuck, I had to use a blow torch and a bfh.

Quick Reply: 1.5" Wheel spacers HELP!