Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1.75 BB Lift Need New Shocks?

Old 01-30-2009, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1.75 BB Lift Need New Shocks?

I put on a 1.75 BB. I know I don't have to put on new shocks... but would it help? I'm asking if it would provide a nicer "on road" ride? My Jeep is not a rock crawler or a mall crawler. Its a daily driver that I also like to take down trails and around my farm so my main concern is soft nice ride (I know its a Jeep but you can't blame me for trying to improve all aspects!). I love my Jeep and the ride is nice, but sometimes when I hit a pothole or bump in the road it jars the crud out of me! Speedbumps too! I was just wondering if adding longer shocks would somehow put the shock back into a "sweet spot" if they even have those?

Anyone have an opinion?
Old 01-30-2009, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changing you shocks with the BB will do the same for your ride as if it were stock. For a BB you would want to get shocks 1.5"-2" longer to allow you to articulate more. If you are happy with you shocks as is, i.e. you feel you have a good set and you like the ride, consider just buying shock extensions or just leaving them as is. If you are not going to be doing any heavy flexing you can just leave the ones in there as is.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X2 on the shock extensions. They should work fine for you.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only difference you would see with the longer shocks, or extensions is more flex in the suspension because the shocks are limiting your flex by 1.75"....I had the same problem, so i installed shock extensions and longer bumpstops and problem solved. Like 09Rubicon said, if you're not worried about flexing that much then you're just fine leaving it the way it is.

Quick Reply: 1.75 BB Lift Need New Shocks?