Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1" lift to 3" lift how to ? (best way)

Old 03-01-2012, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1" lift to 3" lift how to ? (best way)

I own a 2012 auto JKUR (Diesel as in germany only Diesel are sold)
I have an Eibach 1" lift with springs and getting 33" tires this saturday.
Id should be ok and enough for the offroading I do.
But someday I will get further. 35" tires with a decent lift. Maybe not tomorrow or next month but as soon as I got some money and the warranty ends.

So what is the best way to transform the 1" lift to a 3-3,5" lift with good suspension ? I donīt want to spent a fortune (at onece) or buay every double. Once for small lift an in 1 year or so for the higher lift.
Specially I donīt know with the shocks. You either get them for 0-2" lifts or for 3- lifts.......
I would like to got with Fox shocks or maybe even King shocks ( probably to expensive)
And maybe add Speed Bumps later on.
Something which perform nice on fast rough gravel roads. More Baja than crawlin. Or say 50%-50%

Ok, I was thinking of "tuning" my 1" lift with a 1" BB in front to level ist out.
Then continue with the small stuff like brake line brackets, trackbar brackets or adj. trackbar in front.
Then I wanted to look after the shocks.
But thatīs my dilemma. Buy good shocks for a 0-2" lift ? The I canīt rise the lift or have to buy new shocks.
Shocks for lifts above 2",3" ? Thatīs probaby to much with my tiny 1"-2" lift.
And as I live in Germayn, I canīt just buy new springs to the shocks.
All parts musted be stated road legal by german authoroties. So I only get a handfull of parts. AEV lift, Rubicon Express, OME, and thatīs most of it. And you can only buy t a s a complete kit.
And the prices are at least 1.3 times the US prices if not double.

So I donīt know how to continue at this point. Complete change with lift and shocks is just to expensive.
But right now I donīt see a way around when it comes to changing the shocks........

Last edited by Absolute; 08-13-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: blackisted mfg
Old 03-01-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

You should be able to get OME kits through TBR. ( taubenreuther )

OME kit standard suspension will lift about 60mm, the heavy duty kits 85+mm

I've had AEV stuff and they will happily send here in the UK and Europe I'm sure, but it is very expensive by the time it arrives. Its good quality but needs to go on as a complete kit as will any 3+" lift. What about the new AEV 2.5" kit. Under a $1000 will allow 35" tyres and you can buy the procal & brackets separately.

Nick
Old 03-03-2012, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can buy both kits here with papers for road legal write off. Unfortunatly they both come with shocks, or I have to install them with the shocks in the kit to have them written off.
So If I want to go for a combo with Fox shocks or so, I have to buy the kit with shocks, get it road leagl and afterwards swap the shocks. That would be legal but stupid and costly.

Iīm trying to find a way around this.

Quick Reply: 1" lift to 3" lift how to ? (best way)