Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1" Lift(s)

Old 05-10-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1" Lift(s)

I know some people have a 1" lift here. Any pictures would be appreciated....I can't seem to find a thread devoted to the 1" lift. If there is one, someone please link me to it, I've been searching a good while.

Questions about a 1" lift....is that the minimum lift to accomdate 35" tires or do you need more? Thanks guys, much obliged. any other info on it is great.

Also what is the difference between a body lift and another type of lift??? Confused.

Last edited by itsajeepthing; 05-10-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

No-one out there tonight?
Old 05-10-2008, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm no expert, but since no one else has replied I'll do my best....

OK, I don't think there is an actual 1" lift, there are spacer lifts for the FRONT only...meaning you take out the coil spring and put in a 3/4" or 1" spacer on top of the spring to sort of level out the Jeep.

If you need more clearance, but not ALOT more then I'd suggest something like the 1-3/4" spacer lift from www.roughcountry.com ($129)---that's what I've got, not much but enough for me. This will include spacers for the front and rear, so the entire Jeep will be a little higher as opposed to just the front like the above.

Body lift = taking the body mounts out (spacer looking things that seperate the body from the frame) and putting thicker mounts in....that raises the body up off the fram to clear bigger tires.

Spacer lift = removing the coil springs (easier than removing body mounts I would imagine) and placing a spacer on top of each spring to raise the entire Jeep.

There are other lifts that would include new,longer springs all together among other new parts that would be more expensive and probably not necessary for your application.

As for accomidating 35" tires, if you're not gonna be wheelin' it hard then the 1-3/4" may be enough....but for wheelin', I'm pretty sure you would need somethine like a 2-1/2" lift.

Again, I'm no expert but I'm learning from lots of knowledgeable people on this forum so please feel free to fill in the blanks guys....
Old 05-10-2008, 07:06 PM
JK Super Freak

I am pretty sure you need a 3" suspension lift for 35's
Old 05-10-2008, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Im not sure ............ but I havent seen any one inch 'lift'

and if there was it was jsut be spaces up front and rear, probably let you run 33's easy but im not sure about 35's

If you are wanting 35s it doesnt get much better than OME (as far as ride quality goes) ....... it will yield you about 2.5-3 inch's on the light springs if you plan to not run a winch and heavy bumper

It gave me somewhere between 2.5-3 inches , I have the light springs and the basic DX bumper and smitty winch(light compared to others available.)
Old 05-10-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

See here's the deal. I'm not opposed to the lift idea. I am opposed to having to change shocks, and do all sorts of things to get it to fit and operate properly. Let me rephrase. what is a simple and small lift. that you can safely run for a long time without shock upgrades (lengthining.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing
See here's the deal. I'm not opposed to the lift idea. I am opposed to having to change shocks, and do all sorts of things to get it to fit and operate properly. Let me rephrase. what is a simple and small lift. that you can safely run for a long time without shock upgrades (lengthining.
If you stay at or below 2" of lift, you don't have to have new shocks or shock extensions (as far as I know). As I said before, mine is a 1-3/4" lift and all it required was putting spacers on top of all 4 coil springs....that's it, didn't replace shocks or install extensions, nothing else at all. And it only took an hour and a half to install the entire lift. For $129, you can't beat that as far as I'm concerned... http://roughcountry.com/jeep_jk.html#jk

The ride is the same, doesn't drive any different at all...just looks better and has more clearance.... so far only pros, no cons.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

2.5" will clear 35's with rub offroad but the 1" you are talking about is a Body lift, I think!?!?!?!?
Old 05-10-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ewok
2.5" will clear 35's with rub offroad but the 1" you are talking about is a Body lift, I think!?!?!?!?
If so, I wouldn't even go through the trouble....all that work for only 1", nope not me. I could be competely wrong, but it just seems to me that a body lift would be more involved than doing a suspension/spacer lift.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you only want to go 1", go with a 1" body lift. They are barely noticable asthetically besides the gap in the rear bumper, but that is easily moved too. It's fairly cheap, and VERY easy to install in about an hour.

Quick Reply: 1" Lift(s)