Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 volt compressors....

Old 01-31-2007, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hip2u77
Hands down the best 12v compressor for the money is the Superflow MV-50.

It was available a year or so ago for $25, but now I think it's only available at a few places online for $50-$70.

2.5 CFM with a 40 minute duty cycle.
That depends on what makes a compressor "the best". 2.5CFM isn't bad, but won't even come close to a Quick Air III which has over 3.5CFM.
http://www.sunperformance.com/

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 01-31-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
That depends on what makes a compressor "the best". 2.5CFM isn't bad, but won't even come close to a Quick Air III which has over 3.5CFM.
http://www.sunperformance.com/

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Well, imo, what makes something the best is what you get for your money.

I think 2.5 CFM for $50 is a helluva lot better than 3.5 CFM for $300.

You could buy FIVE Superflows for the price of ONE Quick Air 3. Take some of that $250 you saved by buying the Superflow and build your own CO2 setup then you have the best of both worlds for still less money than the Quick Air 3.

Buy 2 Superflows and have 5 CFM for $100.

Oh, and don't forget the Qick Air 3 is only rated to like 70 psi, so you'll have to borrow your buddies Superflow if you want to fill a tank. (They both have a 40 minute duty cycle.)
Old 01-31-2007, 02:04 PM
paragon

Originally Posted by mbrown2
That same compressor is at Costco.com for $149...
Look for those like that at Sam's Club (it's what we have around here) and Harbor Freight also. I've found a couple of things at Harbor Freight that were sold at other places for 3-5 times more for the exact same item. Now some of the stuff they have is junk, though.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Well I got the pump. I haven't used it on the trail yet. But we did use it in the drive-way. I lowered my 32"s down to 10psi and then pumped them up to 30psi. It took less then 2 minutes. Getting the guage on the hose calibrated will take some practice, it read lower then the actual psi. But with practice or just over fill the tire by a few psi and then bring it down with a good gauge. Two people should be able to pump up a set of 32s in about 15 munutes. From pump out to pump into trunk.

I know a CO2 tank would be faster and easier. But at $149 and free shipping from Costco how could you go wrong. :toung:

JC Whitney cost would have been $189 with 4 weeks to ship.:sad: So I cancelled that order and went with Costco.

For someone who goes out, maybe monthly I think this is a great pump. Plus you never have to refill it with that bad green house gas.

Quick Reply: 12 volt compressors....