Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14 Billet Silver JKUR Build

Old 02-13-2015, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14 Billet Silver JKUR Build

Hi all,

Looking forward to documenting the build on my JKUR that's sadly been stock since I purchased it this past June. This is my second JK - built and sold a 10 Islander JKU on 4" RC basic lift and shocks, 37" MTRs, Rugged Ridge XHD front and rear with carrier, Warn Zeon 10-S, Bushwacker flats and a bunch more. I was running stock 3.73 gears and the D30. Luckily I never had any problems on or off road, but this next build I decided to wanted to do the right way...

Click image for larger version

Name:	jk2.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	596706

First off, the new 3.6 with the 4.10s is going to make a huge difference. Here's what's ordered and on its way up to snowy New Hampshire:
  • Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel
  • 35x12.5r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
  • Running stock Rubi wheels with 1.5" Spidertrax spacers
  • Warn 9500 CTI
  • OME nitrocharger front and rear shocks
  • OME steering stabilizer
  • AEV skid plate
  • ARB D44 diff covers front and rear
  • ARB deluxe front bumper in textured black
  • ARB rear bumper in textured black
  • ARB Intensity LED aux lights on bumper
  • Teraflex hinged tire carrier
  • 3" Daystar bumpstops
  • Rugged Ridge A pillar switch panel
  • AEV procal

We'll see how the engine and 4.10s pull with all that weight. I think it will be fine from what I've read, but I may go to 4.56 or 4.88, but hoping it's not an issue. Other potential stage 2 mods include a gussets/truss up front, roof rack and flat fenders (unsure which brand right now).

Heading out of the country on work next week through early March, so looking forward to getting to work on it in a few weeks with completion mid-March. Quite excited for this build and to get back out on the trails this Spring after a few years off while my kids were very young. I'll post some updates and pictures once things get underway.

Here's the stock Rubi as it sits now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3147594679.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	596704

Last edited by MarbleheadGuy; 02-13-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome man!

I am in the same cost. Just sold a 2 door they was all finished. Good luck!

Quick Reply: 14 Billet Silver JKUR Build