Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5"BB vs 3" lift

Old 12-05-2007, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5"BB vs 3" lift

anyone have pro & cons about 2.5"BB VS 3" lift

I dont know which one to get would like opinions.

Thanks
xmotox
Old 12-05-2007, 07:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If you're on a budget, a 2.5" BB has a lot of pros including it being really cheap and coming with just about everything you need to clear 33" tires or 35" tires with some minor rubbing. Cons would be that it is a budget boost and you will not have the kind of flex that a coil lift would provide and depending on what 3" lift you're interested in, it won't come with all the extra components that would otherwise allow you to dial in your ride.

Now, if you've got cash to spend, a complete 3" lift is the best option I would recommend. The pros would be that you would plenty of lift to clear 35" tires and with all the extra components like adjustable track bars and control arms, you will be able to get tons of great flex and be able to dial in your ride. The cons would be the high price. If you were to get a lesser 3" kit (i.e. minus extra components), the pros would be that you would still get more lift and more flex but the cons would be the higher price and potential handling issues on pavement.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Wayoflife,

I was actually considering the Tera 3" lift on my unlimited...any experience with this one?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:36 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Beta-pg
Hey Wayoflife,

I was actually considering the Tera 3" lift on my unlimited...any experience with this one?
Sorry, I don't have any personal experience with this kit but based on what it comes with, I would highly recommend that you add an adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket if you buy it. Without them, your axles will shift enough to be noticable and you will not be able to fix this without them. Also, if you find that you are having wandering issues after the installation of the lift, you should purchase adjustable front upper an lower control arms so that you can set your caster to a slightly higher setting - this will help out a lot.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

silver jeep has 3" teraflex lift on it i love it front track bar not required and works great very happy with it
red jeep had teraflex 2.5bb he is happy with it but now seen my lift and wants to get it.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Also consider that 2 door's can end up needing new driveshafts to compensate for the 3" lift, but that 4 doors rarely need them even on a 4" lift, etc.

Quick Reply: 2.5"BB vs 3" lift