Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" rc bb

Old 08-18-2008, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" rc bb

Hi all i just ordered the RC 2.5 BB / extensions for the shocks & the TF rear track bar relocating bracket i have a couple questions for those who have installed a BB on their vehicle. I am concerned the front sway bar links are going to be short has anyone seen this first hand? Is this lift going to kill my drive shafts? i have a 2 dr X S PKG 17" wheels 6 spd. If anyone has a pic on their links on a 2 dr X with the RC BB to post it would be appreciated. This is my first jeep and i am not up to snuff on lifting these done a couple on old Chevy leaf sprung vehicles before but never on a coil sprung short wheelbase.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:43 PM
JK Freak

ive got the RC 2.5 but with the 2.2 shocks i still have stock sway bar links no problem and no track bar relocation . no problem as the axle shift you can't even tell at least i cant. just adjust your steering back to center and attach your links when your on the ground . all in all pretty easy just jack up on stands as high as you can so you can drop the axle down enough to add the metal spacer to the coil springs . disconnect all the little brake line brackets so things will move freely. basically follow the easy instructions included. oh the drive shafts question , no it shouldn't be a factor on this added lift.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

I have the RC 2.5 lift (w/o shocks) and have no issues at all, actually it rides better then stock. I can try to snap some pics underneath later and post them.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK thanks for the replies my main concern as i was looking under the jeep and in my head the stock front links just look way short to me esp eyeballing 2.5" of lift that is my main concern other then the shafts. The pictures of the stock links after lift would be appreciated as well since i got this vision in my head that they are going to be short.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

I installed with the RC 2.2 shocks last week and have put nearly 500miles since. No problems at all. the links fit fine (maybe a very slight angle to them, but well within their range). No Driveshaft issues, no alignment issues, I didn't even need to adjust the steering. I am planning on adding the RC dual steering stabilizer because that's the only thing that I think could still improve the steering on the highway, but I doubt it is really needed. I just like the look and have read that it works well. Once I figure out how to reduce my pics I'll post a bunch.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by that70sboat
I installed with the RC 2.2 shocks last week and have put nearly 500miles since. No problems at all. the links fit fine (maybe a very slight angle to them, but well within their range). No Driveshaft issues, no alignment issues, I didn't even need to adjust the steering. I am planning on adding the RC dual steering stabilizer because that's the only thing that I think could still improve the steering on the highway, but I doubt it is really needed. I just like the look and have read that it works well. Once I figure out how to reduce my pics I'll post a bunch.

You can just open up a photobucket account or the my.project-jkgallery feature of this site. I use photobucket you can up load to there and customize the size and then just copy the links right to here or your jk gallery and add them. I would be interested in seeing your pictures as i just got my ups e-mail my kit will be here Wednesday you can e-mail me direct if it is easier katman750@gmail.com if you wish. I would def. like to see the links to ease my mind.

Last edited by chris15005; 08-18-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

I have a Rubicon Express 2" BB which has a 2-1/2" spacer for the front. I still have the factory links and they went from being level to pointing down about 20 degrees. There aren't any problems, but longer links will be my next purchase just so I can get the swaybar back to it's normal position.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems with the sway bar link lengths. Fits fine.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

bump for the pics if any is gonna post them
Old 08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

Here ya go. I took a rough measurement and the front swaybar goes does about 2-1/4" and the rear drops about 1-3/4" which sounds about right since my spacers are 2-1/2" for the front and 1-3/4" for the rear.
Front

Rear

Quick Reply: 2.5" rc bb