Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5 Tera Lift & Spacers $$$

Old 01-05-2007, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2.5 Tera Lift & Spacers $$$

my local shop quoted me 217.00 for the 2.5 tera lift... I know I can get it cheaper, but I want to support my local shop. My question is he also quoted me $85 a piece for the spacers. I have no idea what kind of spacers or the size, he simply said they were the best spacers for this application and something like they mount directly to the hub to combat any vibration. Is $85 ok for spacers?

btw way...do I need 4 spacers? or 2 just for the front?

Last edited by TexasChopper; 01-05-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah you can get cheaper than that.
I'd tell him that would never come back unless he gave me a better deal. LOL

I think you just need 2 spacers for the front.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:40 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Ummm, are you talking about wheel spacers here? Is it safe to assume you are getting a set of new wider tires with your lift and if so, what size will they be? I think you should determine whether or not you will need wheel spacers before you even start talking about getting them.

Now, if you do need them, you will need them for all 4 wheels and for whatever it's worth, you should be able to get each pair for about $100 as opposed to $85 a piece

I know you want to support your local shop and all but it kind of sounds like you're getting taken for a ride to me.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife

I know you want to support your local shop and all but it kind of sounds like you're getting taken for a ride to me.
Yeah it's always the local shops that "jack" their prices up because they don't receive enough business to make their prices lower. It could also be they are greedy and like to make a bigger yearly profit than they need.

If I were you I'd start looking around for a better deal.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Ummm, are you talking about wheel spacers here? Is it safe to assume you are getting a set of new wider tires with your lift and if so, what size will they be? I think you should determine whether or not you will need wheel spacers before you even start talking about getting them.

Now, if you do need them, you will need them for all 4 wheels and for whatever it's worth, you should be able to get each pair for about $100 as opposed to $85 a piece

I'm going 35X12.50-18 (Optional Sahara Wheels). Maybe it was 85 for the set and I missed that, as he was pretty close, on the lift, and on the tires vs. say TireRack or Discount Tire. I don't think they are trying to jack me and again I have no problem paying a tad more to the local shop (3 miles from my house) and building a good relationship with them. Just wanted to make sure the spacers were close price wise. Sounds like if it was in fact for the set then his price is good to go. Thanks

Seth

Quick Reply: 2.5 Tera Lift & Spacers $$$