Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" Teraflex coil vs budget boost

Old 02-28-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've looked at prices for the coil vs the BB and the BB doesn't seem to be a whole lot cheaper. Is the installation cost/difficulty for the BB a lot cheaper/easier??
Old 02-28-2010, 12:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by timandre22185
I've looked at prices for the coil vs the BB and the BB doesn't seem to be a whole lot cheaper. Is the installation cost/difficulty for the BB a lot cheaper/easier??
Truthfully, the level of difficulty for each is about the same. Coil springs have to be removed and replaced either way. It's really very easy. Just take your time and read the deestruckshuns. You always got us too if you run into a snag.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam3612
So this guy says his rides better with coils + shocks

You say it rides worse with coils + shocks
Way to confuse a guy who was about to buy the TF 2.5 BB w/shocks! lol
Part of your ride is going to depend also on the load rating of tire your gonna run, C seem to be peeps fav, D's are not bad, I was happy with my cooper stt's which were D's, E's= rough bitches. I like my toyo's ok, but I'm kinda wishin I'd just went with the Coopers again when I went to 37's. Toyo's are some tough ass tires, but they tend to be abit rough.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Part of your ride is going to depend also on the load rating of tire your gonna run, C seem to be peeps fav, D's are not bad, I was happy with my cooper stt's which were D's, E's= rough bitches. I like my toyo's ok, but I'm kinda wishin I'd just went with the Coopers again when I went to 37's. Toyo's are some tough ass tires, but they tend to be abit rough.
I'm wanting Duratracs 275/70/18, I think they might be E rated lol. With that being said it probably wouldnt hurt to get the TF 9550's would it? Might soften the ride a little?
Old 02-28-2010, 03:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm wanting Duratracs 275/70/18, I think they might be E rated lol. With that being said it probably wouldnt hurt to get the TF 9550's would it? Might soften the ride a little?
I wouldn't sacrifice any load capacity or ride height with a softer spring. Just run the "E" tires at like 28 PSI. Plenty of people do it and say they ride fine.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I wouldn't sacrifice any load capacity or ride height with a softer spring. Just run the "E" tires at like 28 PSI. Plenty of people do it and say they ride fine.
Alright so if I get the TF 2.5 BB with 9550 TF shocks and a set of 275/70/18 Duratracs and run them at like 30 er 31 psi, how do you think the jeep will ride? Or would I be better off getting the adapters as opposed to the shocks?
Old 02-28-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Alright so if I get the TF 2.5 BB with 9550 TF shocks and a set of 275/70/18 Duratracs and run them at like 30 er 31 psi, how do you think the jeep will ride? Or would I be better off getting the adapters as opposed to the shocks?
Do yuo have the gas charged shocks that come with HD susp or tow pkg or do you just have the stock hydros? If you got the hydros, it'd be better to get the new shocks.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Do yuo have the gas charged shocks that come with HD susp or tow pkg or do you just have the stock hydros? If you got the hydros, it'd be better to get the new shocks.
According to the build sheet and window sticker I got with my Sahara I have HD Suspension w/ Gas shocks. I thought gas shocks only came on a Sahara if you got the tow package (which I dont have), my shocks are black btw.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Run 26psi in my 37", get the shocks if you don't have a Rubi.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

According to the build sheet and window sticker I got with my Sahara I have HD Suspension w/ Gas shocks. I thought gas shocks only came on a Sahara if you got the tow package (which I dont have), my shocks are black btw.
If it's on your sheet, you got em. HD susp w/gas shocks can be on without the tow pkg. My X had that package. If you want to save a few bucks just use your shocks with the ext.

Quick Reply: 2.5" Teraflex coil vs budget boost