Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 teraflex lift question

Old 10-17-2012, 11:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 teraflex lift question

I just bough springs and coils. Do i need extra extended links and bumpstops?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:29 AM
JK Super Freak

I looked at teraflex website and thier 2.5" coil spring kit shows bump stops and sway bar links. I assume when you sain coil and springs you ment coils and shocks? If you are running stock shocks they will limit your droop and you will not get the full benifit of the lift. I'm sure you can find the links and bumpstops needed on the forum or thru Teraflex.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Emmeljk11
I just bough springs and coils. Do i need extra extended links and bumpstops?
.....As the previous poster mentioned, aside from the shocks & coils you will also need:

-Rear relocation track bar bracket or rear adjustable track bar.
-Rear extended sway bar links, then use the stock rear links on the front.
-Front & rear bumpstops.
-Rear extended brake line brackets.
-(Optional) Adjutable front track bar.

¥
Old 10-18-2012, 12:47 AM
JK Freak

Ooops i bough coils and shocks
Old 10-18-2012, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

definately need bump stop extensions to prevent over compressing your shocks. you need at least rear sway bar links. move the rears to the front. track bar drop bracket for the rear is a really good idea. also might want to consider front break lines. i have the teraflex 2.5 an im not entirely comfortable with my front break lines at full flex in the front. i feel like thet are pulling/stretching just a little further than ide like
Old 10-18-2012, 03:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by suds1485
definately need bump stop extensions to prevent over compressing your shocks. you need at least rear sway bar links. move the rears to the front. track bar drop bracket for the rear is a really good idea. also might want to consider front break lines. i have the teraflex 2.5 an im not entirely comfortable with my front break lines at full flex in the front. i feel like thet are pulling/stretching just a little further than ide like
Did u remove the front brake lines from the steel bracket that is bolted to the axle. I did on my 2012 and I have more than enough line at full flex
Old 10-18-2012, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bob-o
Did u remove the front brake lines from the steel bracket that is bolted to the axle. I did on my 2012 and I have more than enough line at full flex
i removed it for the install than put everything back in its stock location. one day ill go in there and pull them out of the bracket.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by suds1485

i removed it for the install than put everything back in its stock location. one day ill go in there and pull them out of the bracket.
Ya just remove the bracket and leave it off, I put a couple of zipties around the lines to the shock itself cuz a full droop, the brake line can break if it gets caught on the lower shock bolt
Old 10-28-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Freak

Ya just remove the bracket and leave it off, I put a couple of zipties around the lines to the shock itself cuz a full droop, the brake line can break if it gets caught on the lower shock bolt
Have a pic? I wanna do that
Old 11-11-2012, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

how did you remove the front brake lines from that bracket...i'm in the same boat...i've tried pulling them out but it was hard and i was afraid to break them....

Quick Reply: 2.5 teraflex lift question