Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" TF axle off center

Old 08-17-2007, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" TF axle off center

all i need to get to correct this is a longer trackbar? or adjustable? any brand recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Junkie

Yes you need an adjustable track bar to recenter the front. In the rear, you could get away with just a track bar relocation bracket. I have read alot of different opinions about the bracket in the back. Some said it works fine and others said in becomes a weak link. I just put the Tera BB on mine too and my axles are off, but Im not too worried about it right now. It drives and handles fine. I will add both front and rear track bars eventually to correct this, but its not high on my priority list. Id rather put the money towards some bumpers and armor.

As far as brand.... I'll most likely go with FT's or superlift's. Ive heard alot of good things about both. There was some controversy about Teraflex's hiem joint design. I'm waiting to see how that plays out before I decide on a brand. Like I said Im not in a hurry now that I know my jeep in fine without them.

Here is the thread about the tera's:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=warning

Last edited by bly109; 08-17-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bly109
Yes you need an adjustable track bar to recenter the front. In the rear, you could get away with just a track bar relocation bracket. I have read alot of different opinions about the bracket in the back. Some said it works fine and others said in becomes a weak link. I just put the Tera BB on mine too and my axles are off, but Im not too worried about it right now. It drives and handles fine. I will add both front and rear track bars eventually to correct this, but its not high on my priority list. Id rather put the money towards some bumpers and armor.

As far as brand.... I'll most likely go with FT's or superlift's. Ive heard alot of good things about both. There was some controversy about Teraflex's hiem joint design. I'm waiting to see how that plays out before I decide on a brand. Like I said Im not in a hurry now that I know my jeep in fine without them.

Here is the thread about the tera's:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=warning

thanks for the info... the driving was one of my concerns... and looks can be delt with for the time being... i was just afraid of uneven tire wear/or potential safety issues

thanks a bunch! i will most likely settle for the FT front and rear adjustable bars
Old 08-17-2007, 08:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 07JKX
thanks for the info... the driving was one of my concerns... and looks can be delt with for the time being... i was just afraid of uneven tire wear/or potential safety issues

thanks a bunch! i will most likely settle for the FT front and rear adjustable bars
No problem! I have only put about 500 miles on since the install, but everything seems great so far. I know alot of forum members have used this lift for a while without track bars and did not have a problem. I think WOL was one of them.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I drove from Pennsylvania to New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and back with the Tera Flex 2.5 on stock tires. The used my Jeep for a daily diver for two months. The off center-ness of the axle is slight. No problems and about 9K miles after the lift.

Quick Reply: 2.5" TF axle off center