Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2" Full Traction Econo lift.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2" Full Traction Econo lift.

I just had the rear spacers replaced because they were defective. Now my JK sits level
Old 01-10-2007, 07:09 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad to hear Full Traction took care of you
Got any new pics?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

I'll take some this afternoon. i still have to send them to My.Project-JK as i haven't figured out how to post on here yet.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britjk
I just had the rear spacers replaced because they were defective. Now my JK sits level
Forgive my newbie question ... isn't the 2" of lift uniformly applied such that the Jeep's stance (and rake) is all just raised by 2"? In other words, how does adding a 2" lift level out the Jeep and raise the front end higher than the rear (and get rid of the rake)?

So much to learn... :confused:

Adam
Old 01-10-2007, 07:41 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by TwinsJeep
Forgive my newbie question ... isn't the 2" of lift uniformly applied such that the Jeep's stance (and rake) is all just raised by 2"? In other words, how does adding a 2" lift level out the Jeep and raise the front end higher than the rear (and get rid of the rake)?

So much to learn... :confused:

Adam
Hey Adam, on the Full Traction 2" Econo Lift, the rear spacers do not measure up to the same height as the fronts. This is designed intentionally to level out your Jeep while lifting it at the same time
Old 01-10-2007, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool... thx. By the way, why build a rake into the suspension in the first place? Are there performance advantages to this or is it purely for appearances (I suppose some might like the look... I don't, but some might...)? Or (I'm thinking outloud now...) is it due to the offset weight of the engine in front and nuthin' but air 'n' a spare in the rear?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:43 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by TwinsJeep
Cool... thx. By the way, why build a rake into the suspension in the first place? Are there performance advantages to this or is it purely for appearances (I suppose some might like the look... I don't, but some might...)? Or (I'm thinking outloud now...) is it due to the offset weight of the engine in front and nuthin' but air 'n' a spare in the rear?
All cars have a rake designed into them and not because of "appearances". What the exact reason is, I'm not sure.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
All cars have a rake designed into them and not because of "appearances". What the exact reason is, I'm not sure.
Could it be a safety thing? For example, would a car with a little rake be less likely than a car that sits level to have the front forced up and into the occupants of the other car in the event of a collision? With all of the new safety regulations these days who knows what the reasoning is.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I always thought this was because when you load a vehicle, a majority of the weight goes to the rear axle, causing spring compression and leveling out the load.

I know that 2000# in the rear of my F-350 levels it out nicely.

I would assume the same thing is in place here. Someone take the JK unlimited, load it to it's cargo capacity and measure. I bet dollars to donuts that it will be sitting pretty darn level.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:37 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Welp, I both sound good to me. I know that TJ's have a way of squatting big time in the rear once it's loaded up and enough so that I ended up installing a set of these

Quick Reply: 2" Full Traction Econo lift.