Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2" Lift Question

Old 10-08-2012, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2" Lift Question

I've been looking at 2" lift kits since I do not want to go bigger than 33s. I've noticed that the 2" kits like Rusty's coil kit with shocks and Old Man Emu's coil kit do not come with bump stop extensions, track bar brackets or longer sway bar links. I called Rusty's and they said the stock links and bumpstops are fine with a 2" lift, and the track bar bracket isn't needed at that height.

Anyone with 2" lift experience or opinions?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2" BB from Rubicon express ( spacer lift) & it comes with EVERYTHING you need ( monotube shocks are better), I did get the longer links front/rear not that I needed them but just have them, no issues at all..hope this helps
Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TeraFlex has a 2" Leveling kits in BB or coil versions. You do not need bumpstops or shock extensions with this small of a lift. However if you run longer than stock shocks, you could need those. The TeraFlex Leveling kits do come with longer front swaybar links. Now our 2.5" kits are much more complete (trackbar brackets, brake line drop bracket, etc.)

#1155200 Leveling Kit-Good for 33's

#1251000 2.5" Coil/shock kit good for 35's

| TeraFlex Suspensions
Old 10-08-2012, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pretty much what teraflex said.. if you don't change the shocks your shocks will limit the travel of your axles and you won't need bump stops. The kits that have coils or spacers just make the Jeep sit a little taller and level it out (so 2 inches in the front 1 in the rear). The replacement sway links just help re-level your sway bar, if you run a kit w/o these links your sway bar will be slanted down a little more than stock but not by more than the 5deg or so that is withen in spec.

As far as track bars, 1 inch in the rear and 2 inches in the front won't change your track by enough to make the extra expense and time to change the factory track bars worth it, but you could always buy adjustable track bars if you felt you needed it.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the replies. I definitely want a coil lift with new shocks. I have 61,000 miles. It's time to replace those anyway.

I'm just not sure that I need a 2.5 lift. 33s look a little small with 2.5" of lift in the pics I've seen..... but it leaves open the door for 35s some point down the road. I do like 35s but not the added expense of the bigger tire, possibly new driveshafts, and regearing. I have 4.10s, and from what I've read, 33s are about the limit of what the gears can handle reasonably.

My plan that I'm trying to stick to is small lift, 33s, and a good oil pan/ transmission skid. After wheeling it for the 1st time this summer, it's apparent I need to beef up my skids and lift it a little bit.

Last edited by Hawaii 5-0; 10-08-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did the two inch BDS and steering stabilizer. Perfect for the 33's and kept (softer) factory coils.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...-242655/page2/
Old 10-08-2012, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default mopar lift???

hey im new to this forum and over the years have had a few 4 wheel dives but this is the first time owning a jeep I just got a 2012 2 door and want to put a little bit of a lift and 33s and with all the warranty issues people seem to have i think i want to go with the mopar spacers to try to hold on to warranty,
Has anyone used the mopar kits 2" or 4" and still have any warranty problems.... they told me that the mopar kit is 100% covered over warranty but still have a chance of voiding warranty because a larger tire is not a mopar product, im tempted to just toss the warranty and hope for the best but its kind of hard to do with something with only 500 miles on it
Old 10-08-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by merchant8909
hey im new to this forum and over the years have had a few 4 wheel dives but this is the first time owning a jeep I just got a 2012 2 door and want to put a little bit of a lift and 33s and with all the warranty issues people seem to have i think i want to go with the mopar spacers to try to hold on to warranty,
Has anyone used the mopar kits 2" or 4" and still have any warranty problems.... they told me that the mopar kit is 100% covered over warranty but still have a chance of voiding warranty because a larger tire is not a mopar product, im tempted to just toss the warranty and hope for the best but its kind of hard to do with something with only 500 miles on it
if they told you that find another dealer
Old 10-08-2012, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

They either have to prove you abused something or prove your aftermarket anything caused the issue your trying to have warrantied. Dealers will try an get out if paying for anything if you don't know the laws. Magnuson-moss warranty act.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sargejk
I did the two inch BDS and steering stabilizer. Perfect for the 33's and kept (softer) factory coils.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...-242655/page2/
Sarge - How do you like that setup? Are you running their standard shocks or did you upgrade to the Fox? I wish they offered the kit sans shocks. I will check to see if you can piece meal it.

REREAD - Sarge - I just noticed you did the spacer lift. Disregard the above. Thanks!

Last edited by wrenglejr; 10-08-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Quick Reply: 2" Lift Question