Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Unlimited Sport

Old 04-03-2014, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
2.5" can accommodate 35s if that's what you want. The general consensus is that new driveshafts aren't required. My front did fail after about 90-100K miles, so I replaced it. But, I do use my Jeep pretty hard, so it may have had more to do with that than with the actual pinion angle. 33s can also look pretty cool. As mentioned, making the Jeep look "sick" has a lot to do with other things as well. A front bumper is probably one of the next things after lift, tires and new wheels (or spacers to set the stock wheels further out). After that you can decide which angle you want to work on next--many folks would go for the rear bumper, especially if running 35s (to get the weight of the tire off the tailgate). Or, you could opt for a tire carrier and keep the stock rear bumper. Or, if you go with 33s, then you don't need to worry about the weight on the rear bumper. Here are a couple more pics of my Jeep as I built it to maybe give you some ideas ... 2.5" lift, 33" AT tires at Disney, OK ... Still on 33s on Elephant Hill Trail, Canyonlands National Park, UT ... On 35s now in Canyon de Chelly, AZ ... And again at Murphy Hogback, Canyonlands NP, UT ... My friend's and my Jeep at Toroweap (remote area of Grand Canyon), AZ. Very similar mods--lift (2.5"), bumpers, rock rails, etc. But he has 33s with OEM wheels and wheel spacers and I have 35s with 4.5" backspace wheels.
I'm pretty sure I have 4.10 gears and I would like the 295/70/18. It is 98% DD with a little off-roading

Quick Reply: 2007 Unlimited Sport