Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2009 x front hub stuck to axle

Old 10-28-2014, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 x front hub stuck to axle

Ok so replacing my front wheel bearings and the passenger side is seized to the axle, it's out of the jeep and I've used a 3 point hub puller with no luck I have it soaking in PB blaster now so hopefully in the morning I'll have more luck, any other options?
Old 10-28-2014, 06:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joentuff
Ok so replacing my front wheel bearings and the passenger side is seized to the axle, it's out of the jeep and I've used a 3 point hub puller with no luck I have it soaking in PB blaster now so hopefully in the morning I'll have more luck, any other options?
PB Blaster over night should do the trick. Ive found it's much easier to pull them while the axle is still mounted but either way the PB should do the trick.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks we will see in the morning
Old 10-29-2014, 03:33 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I usually separate these as the unit bearing is coming off the jeep so I have a platform.

I start by taking the axle nut almost completely off. I leave it on enough that it will protect the axle treads while I whack it with a small sledge hammer. Next I slowly remove the bolts holding the unit bearing a little at a time and hit the axle nut with my hammer. Usually by the time the bolts are out of the unit bearing, the axle is sliding right out of the unit bearing.

Quick Reply: 2009 x front hub stuck to axle