Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Hesitation & Cooling issues

Old 11-14-2017, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
Please confirm you replaced the crank position sensor and not the cam position sensor. The one I replaced was on passenger side, bottom, not far from the front passenger tire.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As far as coolant goes, the plastic housing on the thermostat has cracked for other people. I don't know if the one you pulled off looked cracked at all. Mine was noticeably cracked to the point where I had a steady leak once the Jeep was up to temp.

The only other common leaking point is from the bottom of the radiator after it has cracked.

I have always noticed a slight hesitation in that RPM range when I'm turning, but I assumed it was from the stability control while I'm turning.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got a appointment with Jeep to see about possible firmware updates that might fix the hesitation issue....
Old 11-20-2017, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got done at my Jeep dealer.

They found a PCM and TCM update for the firmware.

They performed the updates. They would not or could not tell me what the updates were or what they were for.

$43 bucks later.

We will see if it helps. But I’m not holding my breathe.

I’ll be able to tell tomorrow morning after the first cold start up and take off of it helped.

I hope it does. Because this hesitation issue is driving me mad. And the colder it gets here in the Midwest. The worse it is.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry for the bump of an old thread but my 2012 is having this same issue. Did the update to the PCM firmware resolve this issue? Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2013 Hesitation & Cooling issues