Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2013 seats compatible with 2012 JK?

Old 09-16-2012, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 seats compatible with 2012 JK?

Anyone know if you could purchase the new 2013 saddle brown/tan leather seats from Chrysler and switch them out with the 2012 seats. Also how hard would it be to switch the black dash and door panels to make it the two tone tan/black interior dash and doors?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good question. I'd ask one step further , can grand Cherokee seats fit in a 2012 4 door wrangler?
Old 09-17-2012, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Let me ask my ex what changed from 2012 to 2013 since she works at the plant that makes all the JK seats. Usually there are slight changes because every year Chrysler mandates you reduce weight and cost by a certain percentage. I

The grand seats will not directly fit the JK as they do not share the same floor. I'm sure you could modify them but I would not recommend that. I've worked in automotive seating for over 20 years on the engineering side, and these things are designed to take certain loads during crashes based on a lot of variables.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

I re-read your question and yes if you buy a whole new seat set (extremely expensive) they will bolt right in. Nothing has changed on the floor mounts.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cboehme
I re-read your question and yes if you buy a whole new seat set (extremely expensive) they will bolt right in. Nothing has changed on the floor mounts.

Good Deal. Thanks a lot for the info, I really appreciate it. I am going to price it but I think with the deal I may be getting on the '12 with cloth seats the cost will be well worth it for me. Plus when I go wheeling, camping on long trips, etc., it may be a little trouble, but I am preliminarily thinking I would change back to the cloth. The jeep will just be the second vehicle at this point for playing around so I would be able to have the time to do this.

Anyone know about the dash/door panels and how hard that is to switch out the black and install the saddle brown or how much those things cost? I guess I can ask a dealer or see if anyone has them that would want black instead and see about a trade (long shot probably but if anyone has this idea let me know).

Thanks Again!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cboehme
That is such a great answer. Thanks you.

I may look at some junk yards for leather. Not in a hurry. At least I have the answer.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CosmicWrangler
That is such a great answer. Thanks you.

I may look at some junk yards for leather. Not in a hurry. At least I have the answer.
Yep, just talked to a dealer that I have a connection through. The parts dept for the laughed so hard he wouldn't even tell me the $. He said Chrysler will not sell whole seat assembly but you can buy it piece by pice and he said it was't even funny how expensive it is. Oh well to this idea I guess unless there is a '13 owner who wants to make some $ off selling theirs or like you said, find some in a junk yard in a few months if you evan can.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Have you considered just going to an upholstery shop and getting it done? I had custom leather, picked out my color and stitching, installed for $1300. Prob way cheaper than buying seats from Chrysler
Old 09-17-2012, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2012 with the black/tan dash and doors and would be interested in trading the tan panels for your black ones. PM me if interested

Quick Reply: 2013 seats compatible with 2012 JK?