Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 JKU not sitting level...normal?

Old 04-12-2014, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 JKU not sitting level...normal?

Has a Teraflex leveling kit (2" in the front, 1" in the back, pucks) and TF tracbar up front. When taking several measurements all jist with each other and show it sitting about 1/2" higher on the driver side (front and rear). Is this normal? With no one sitting behind the wheel. This was done on level ground.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Lots of people say their JKs list to the right a little. (Mine doesn't, so it's not the battery or the fuel tank.)

Here is a thread showing how to measure to see how it relates to the factory ride height. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...ements-297499/
Old 04-12-2014, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ram190
Has a Teraflex leveling kit (2" in the front, 1" in the back, pucks) and TF tracbar up front. When taking several measurements all jist with each other and show it sitting about 1/2" higher on the driver side (front and rear). Is this normal? With no one sitting behind the wheel. This was done on level ground.
Did you take measurements prior to installing the kit? It would help to know the pre-install stance.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gas Tank is on the right.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've read that some are able to fix lean with adjustable front swaybar links: make passenger side longer.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by crosstowne
Gas Tank is on the right.
that is not the cause on mine as mine does not change whether empty or full.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BAJA TYM
Did you take measurements prior to installing the kit? It would help to know the pre-install stance.
I didn't take any measurements prior, but with the new tracbar the axle needs to come ~1/4" to the driver side. After I center the axle maybe the passenger side might come up as the passenger sway bar link is at more of an angle outward than the drivers side. Thanks for all the input.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ram190
I didn't take any measurements prior, but with the new tracbar the axle needs to come ~1/4" to the driver side. After I center the axle maybe the passenger side might come up as the passenger sway bar link is at more of an angle outward than the drivers side. Thanks for all the input.
I always end up taking pre and post lift measurements. The only lopsided issue I've had was with the Superlift I put on my '86 Ranger back in '94...I have limited straight axel experience, I'm looking forward to seeing if the adjustment fixes it.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adjusting my front sway bar links fixed my lean.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BAJA TYM
I always end up taking pre and post lift measurements. The only lopsided issue I've had was with the Superlift I put on my '86 Ranger back in '94...I have limited straight axel experience, I'm looking forward to seeing if the adjustment fixes it.

So I noticed that I had the passenger side sway link on the wrong side of the axle mount and that is why it was angled outward so much in comparison to the drivers side. Fixed it and centered the axle and it is only about 1/8 to 1/4th" off now. Good enough not gonna worry too much about it. Thanks for everyones input.

Update: after driving around for a day it seems to be level.

Last edited by ram190; 04-15-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 JKU not sitting level...normal?