Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 JKUR Lift Help

Old 06-22-2016, 06:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I try and not push brands or kits but I would make sure what ever you do is a complete lift for the height you choose. I personally would not use RC because it is make in China and there are plenty of lift companies that make their products in the US. I also don't care for the joints they use and the shortcuts they tend to offer in their kits to try and correct the geometry.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll give you the down sides to rock krawler 3.5 xfactor. The rear lower control arms in there shortest setting are 1" longer than stock. This requires artec or similar spring perches to line the upper and lower spring mounts (keep springs from bowing). Also it's very rear pinion sensitive. The axle must be rotated slightly forward to keep track bar bracket from hitting your shock (driver rear). And the quick discos are noisy. Going over speed bump you can hear them clunk. I swapped to teraflex discos and no more noise. Once dialed in this kit has good on road ride and stability and has smooth travel off road. Hope that helps.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say, a new Rubi armored, with a winch, lockers, 35s, 4.10s, 3.6, that's a rig capable of 4-5 rated trails. Flat fenders, little trimming, don't see the need for the lift. Maybe springs or a spacer, but to level or hardly lift.

See it all the time, well armored JK with good driver and 35s will go places. They use their armor, that's a fact. That's what it's for.

Still have healthy road manners, drive line angles, and it will work. What's up with the no pics, I like seeing pics of jeeps newer than mine, pretty much all of em.

Quick Reply: 2014 JKUR Lift Help