Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 JK Handling after new parts

Old 04-09-2019, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to hold on to the top mount end being I will within the next year go up to a 4" lift. I do still have my stock drag link which I plan on putting back in until I sort it out, My stock drag link is still good enough to use
Old 04-09-2019, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

good to know. I really don't want to pull this off the jeep for it to sit until I go higher. I am kicking myself in the butt since I didn't research it before it was ordered. I normally research anything I need to replace but this I took the word of the mechanic being he boasts about lifting Jeeps
Old 04-09-2019, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks BlueBaby Thta is the part I have in the cart but wasn't ready to checkout.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

I ended up ordering the new outer end for it. I spoke with a rep a Yeti and he actually gave me a free shipping code. I just looked at my old drag link and the ends are pretty loose compared to how they should be. I will be holding on to the top mount because like I said I plan on going up within the next year. A huge thank you to everyone who has responded and helped.
It seems that Yeti XD is designed to allow ends to be changed from bottom to top and in my case top to bottom. The threading is right and left no matter what. Also, thankfully I have the sleeve for the top mount which meant the mechanic didn't have to drill out my knuckle (thank god for small favors).
Old 04-09-2019, 08:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by valb97008
I took the word of the mechanic being he boasts about lifting Jeeps
I am not saying it's not possible to find good shops out there, but I do think that what you find, more often than you'd like to think, are people that are full of shit, want you to believe they are smarter than they are, honestly don't know any better, or are mainly looking out for their own profit. It is really hard to find good people out there unfortunately. They are out there, but it often takes already knowing your stuff and then talking to them before you get the hint that they are full of it. The modified learning curve stretches so many directions.
The following users liked this post:
valb97008 (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
I am not saying it's not possible to find good shops out there, but I do think that what you find, more often than you'd like to think, are people that are full of shit, want you to believe they are smarter than they are, honestly don't know any better, or are mainly looking out for their own profit. It is really hard to find good people out there unfortunately. They are out there, but it often takes already knowing your stuff and then talking to them before you get the hint that they are full of it. The modified learning curve stretches so many directions.
Normally I research everything. I learned a valuable lesson for sure. I'm also learning a lot about my Jeep. I had a feeling it was the drag link, but sadly I didn't put two and two together about the DL and TB being parallel. Talk about a dumb moment. I should be tarred, feathered, and Jeep taken away for her own safety lol
Old 04-09-2019, 05:12 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

I'm sure we've all had our share of learning lessons the hard way. As long as you learned, it was a valuable exercise. You can spin it in a positive light in that you now know what it feels like to drive like that. You'll be able to compare it to driving both in factory set up again (as it should be with good components), and later down the road when you flip.
The following users liked this post:
valb97008 (04-10-2019)

Quick Reply: 2015 JK Handling after new parts