Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2017 Rubicon Suspension on 2009 X

Old 05-22-2018, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Rubicon Suspension on 2009 X

Will a 2017 Rubicon suspension work on a 2009 X? I've searched the forums and googled several times, but haven't been able to find a definitive answer. I've looked into doing the swap several times, but the set that I came across today has a part number I haven't ran across before: 68196006AA and 68024461AA on the coils. I'm not really sure what the rates are for these either. All the ones I have seen previously had easily identifiable spring rates.

I haven't seen any difference between the shocks. My only confusion is the coils. The parts only have 2500 miles on them so I'm sure they would be a great upgrade to the stock equipment on my 09. I just want to make sure they will work on my 09 before buying. Any input would really be appreciated.

Last edited by Shack87; 05-22-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:51 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

A quick search brought up this thread from 4 years ago, might help. Got one of those numbers, anyway,
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...prings-296447/

Originally Posted by TxRdStr
68196006AA-front
68196009AA- rear
Off 10A Ruby, are 1.5" taller than a standard 19-60 set.
Attachment 531420
People are giving away stock suspensions. If you are paying, why not look at a kit with some extra components?
Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

I never thought about searching the part numbers in particular. I was searching keywords and coming up with nothing. Thanks for that.

I'm not looking to really lift my Jeep. I'm quite happy with the current stance. $100 for 4 barely used shocks and springs that would hopefully balance the front out a little more is worth it to me. I don't take it off road very often. For me the Jeep is a fun ride that I know I can take off road if I need to. Even if I had the money to do everything I wanted to it, I wouldn't do a lift. I would be happy with stock height on 35s. I've never come across anyone giving away a stock Rubicon suspension so if you know where to find one, please point me in the right direction.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:28 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by Shack87
I never thought about searching the part numbers in particular. I was searching keywords and coming up with nothing. Thanks for that.

I'm not looking to really lift my Jeep. I'm quite happy with the current stance. $100 for 4 barely used shocks and springs that would hopefully balance the front out a little more is worth it to me. I don't take it off road very often.
$100 aint bad at all. Round here, $50 would get you a set of new take off shocks, so additional $50 for the set of springs is cheap. As far as "working"....yeah, those are going to be direct fit....no difference, just a tad bit more stiff I'd think.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I was pretty sure they were interchangeable and I didn’t see any reason they wouldn’t fit, but I came across a website that said they only fit 14-17 in the front. I think it was saying that because they were only sold on models made in those years. They came off a JKUR Recon. From what I understand those are a little taller as well. I’ll give it a shot. Worst case, from what I’ve seen around here I can at least get my money back.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put Rubicon Recon coils (1" longer and stiffer then my Sport S) to gain 2"-2.5" lift. I also bought aftermarket ProComp Shocks to gain some travel. I had no problems. As far as the difference between 2009 and 2017, I am not positive but I am pretty sure there isn't going to be any problem at all considering lift kits and other parts never ask what year specific you have.

My upgrade was an awesome upgrade to maintain factory ride but still get a lift. If they are only $100 I would buy them and take the 3 hours in the driveway to install.

Good Luck
Old 05-24-2018, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

I’ve already talked to the guy and plan to pick them up this weekend. I’ve thought about upgrading the shocks, but figure with such low miles, I’ll put them on first and see how they ride.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shack87
I’ve already talked to the guy and plan to pick them up this weekend. I’ve thought about upgrading the shocks, but figure with such low miles, I’ll put them on first and see how they ride.
Awesome man, The only reason to get different shocks is for the extra inch of down travel. The cheap ProComp shocks I have aren't any better then Rubicon stock.

Quick Reply: 2017 Rubicon Suspension on 2009 X