Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3/4" Spacer question

Old 07-16-2007, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3/4" Spacer question

I currently have a Teraflex 2.5 BB, I'm planning on adding 3/4 spacers in front since i'll be soon adding a winch and new bumper.

My question is should I get a spring compressor for ease of installation when I add them? It was awful tight just putting in the 2.5 spacers, i was afraid to let the axle down too much due to the brake lines. Or do I have more room than I think?

Any experience with this?

Thanks
Old 07-16-2007, 07:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not really an answer to you question beause I simply don't know,but I would suggest adding the bumper and winch first. Then, measure and see what you have. It may save you the trouble of having to redo it if it's too much/not enough.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a good idea, and i probably will wait. But it's still not level right now and it it sags any more i'm not going to like it.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No spring compressor is required. i put 2.5 spring with a 3/4 spacer and had no trouble.

Quick Reply: 3/4" Spacer question