Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.5-5'' shocks for 3'' lift

Old 09-06-2013, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.5-5'' shocks for 3'' lift

Choose the tera 3'' lift. Can i put the ome 3.5-5'' shocks or 2-2.5'' ome shocks. Gonna rock 37's
Old 09-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BIGNICK
Choose the tera 3'' lift. Can i put the ome 3.5-5'' shocks or 2-2.5'' ome shocks. Gonna rock 37's
The loner shocks will give you more down travel but less compression. I would go with the longer shocks and just bump stop accordingly to prevent bottoming out the shock.

PM us if you want us to put together a package deal for the lift and shocks.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I went that route also. The fronts are great, but I didn't consider that the rear of the JK needs less lift than the front to sit level, so the rear shocks are fairly well compressed.

New bumpstops just arrived to take care of it, but I was also looking at the synergy relo brackets as well. One to move the bottom of the shock up out of harms way, and a corresponding bracket to move the top of the shock up. Need to do some measuring to see what will work out best, but was considering moving the top a bit further up than the bottom (or the bottom a bit less than the top, I guess) to help with the compression at normal ride height. We'll see.

Do not use the short ome shocks. Those are what I replaced. Wasn't happy with the length at all.

Last edited by nthinuf; 09-06-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys
Old 09-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nthinuf
I went that route also. The fronts are great, but I didn't consider that the rear of the JK needs less lift than the front to sit level, so the rear shocks are fairly well compressed.

New bumpstops just arrived to take care of it, but I was also looking at the synergy relo brackets as well. One to move the bottom of the shock up out of harms way, and a corresponding bracket to move the top of the shock up. Need to do some measuring to see what will work out best, but was considering moving the top a bit further up than the bottom (or the bottom a bit less than the top, I guess) to help with the compression at normal ride height. We'll see.

Do not use the short ome shocks. Those are what I replaced. Wasn't happy with the length at all.
In my opinion it is best to move the bottom up as much as you can (get this out of the way so you don't get snagged on rocks). Most of the shock relocation brackets move the bottom up roughly 1.5-2" which is a huge difference. So with that being said you will definitely want to move the top up more than the bottom. You should be able to move the top about 3 inches and the bottom 2 inches which will help correct the issue you are having.

Quick Reply: 3.5-5'' shocks for 3'' lift