Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.5" skyjacker lift??

Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.5" skyjacker lift??

I just purchased a 3.5" skyjacker lift for my 2008 2 door jk and the 3/4" front spacers to make it sit level. I use my jeep everyday mainly to drive back and forth to work but also at the deer lease which is about a seven hour drive from home. My question is how important is it for me to replace my front and rear driveshafts if i don't do any serious off roading? And , am i going to have any problems with the drive shaft angles with that lift.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:01 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

the rear will go out on you sooner than later and you can address it then. if you have a 6-speed, you will not need a front one. if you have an auto and if you do not do any wheeling, you should be fine with your front shaft as well. however, if you do have an auto and go wheeling, the spline shaft boot on your front shaft will tear off on the tranny pan and will need to eventually get replaced.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

do you have any suggestions for where to get the driveshafts ? or what kind ?
Old 03-26-2009, 11:07 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffnesom
do you have any suggestions for where to get the driveshafts ? or what kind ?
j.e. reel, teraflex and coast all make good 1310 replacement drive shafts. all of our sponsoring vendors will have these. you will also need to get a set of adjustable rear upper control arms as they will be needed to set your pinion angle.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

thanks for the help. so much for buying a complete kit with "everything i need" so skyjacker told me. I wish I would have heard of this site before I bought it. LOL.

Quick Reply: 3.5" skyjacker lift??