Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3 inch coils on a TF 2.5in BB

Old 09-17-2013, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 inch coils on a TF 2.5in BB

Anyone see a problem with running 3 inch coils with my 2.5 inch TF BB kit? I would obviously ditch the coil spacers, but I was thinking of putting 3 inch coils on it instead of 2.5.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem at all. TF offers the same kit you have, but with coils. The coils actually net around 3". The only catch is that you may want some caster correction such as drop brackets or control arms.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply
Old 09-17-2013, 04:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should have made one other comment. Be sure to confirm what the actual height gain will be from the coil you are looking at. For example, a Rock Krawler 2.5" coil will net close to 4" on a light 2-door. Just do your research. I highly recommend talking to Northridge 4x4. They know their stuff and have the best pricing that I've found. You'll get the no BS answers there.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

It shouldn't be a problem at all. I put 3" synergy springs up front. Originally I had the full 2.5" BB with TF shocks. Now I have the Synergy springs up front and the BB in the rear. All of the rest is still the original TF kit. I did this to get the rake to my liking. It's sits almost level front to back bumper now.
Krawl Off Road helped me out alot with the choices. Give Jason a call.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
No problem at all. TF offers the same kit you have, but with coils. The coils actually net around 3". The only catch is that you may want some caster correction such as drop brackets or control arms.
Agreed. Drive it after you add the coils. I put on brackets to correct caster after having and driving with the new coils for a few months. Just because my commute got increased by 25 miles.
The BB was fine but after the coils it was a little too flighty for a highway commute.

Quick Reply: 3 inch coils on a TF 2.5in BB