Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3" lift kits

Old 11-10-2006, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" lift kits

ok so I'm going to be puttin a 3" and 35's under my JK as soon as they get the damn thing built. anyway been looking arround at what is for sale and having a bit of a hard time deciding which kit is better...the full traction seems to be a popular kit but from what I see the black diamond comes with more components such as a front track bar (not just brackets) and cam bolts to adjust the axle rotation....anyway thought I'd ask on your opinions of the lifts that are actualy avail now for the JK...

Thanks
Danny
Old 11-10-2006, 07:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by dhoffroad
ok so I'm going to be puttin a 3" and 35's under my JK as soon as they get the damn thing built. anyway been looking arround at what is for sale and having a bit of a hard time deciding which kit is better...the full traction seems to be a popular kit but from what I see the black diamond comes with more components such as a front track bar (not just brackets) and cam bolts to adjust the axle rotation....anyway thought I'd ask on your opinions of the lifts that are actualy avail now for the JK...

Thanks
Danny

it depends on which full traction kit you buy...
The Ultimate comes with everything you need. it also cost a little more.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

oh yea I guess i did'nt mention I'm going with the "basic kit" and I'll add arms and stuff as I go.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:59 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've run a lot of different lifts on my TJ and can tell you that a lot of times, you get what you pay for. And, I can tell you from experience that the Full Traction kits are by far some of the best money can by. The quality of their products and attention to detail is worth every penny. Now, I'm not saying that the Black Diamond kits aren't any good as I have never run one, I'm just sharing what I have experienced.

I think starting off with the basic kit and then upgrading the control arms and track bars is a good way to go.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am pretty sure that is the way I'm gonna go! Anyone have advice on which shock to use with the Full Traction kit?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:31 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I am pretty sure that is the way I'm gonna go! Anyone have advice on which shock to use with the Full Traction kit?
I've run a ton of shocks and I can tell you that the Full Traction M-Force nitro shocks are awesome. But, depending on how high you go, Old Man Emu's are extremely sweet too
Old 11-12-2006, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

yea I was leaning toward the full traction lift also, but I've been doing some thinking and this is what I've come up with....3" lift will still have the front end "rake" stance, so what will prob end up happening for ME is that I will try and raise the front more than the rear,so the front would end up having a 3" spring and some small "puck" in the front, so with that I'm lookin at 3" + lift in the front which would prob require additional parts to correct the geometry of the front axle. with that being said the black diamond (superlift) kit comes with a adjustable front track bar and the cam bolts, while the cam bolts may not be "enough" to correct the caster angle totaly they should be better than nothing. so with what I have in mind the black diamond would save some money over the other lifts mainly because it comes with there adjustable track arm, and the cam bolts which may not be enough adjustment and I'll still have to get adj lower arms. the only diffrence that I,m realy worried about with the kits is that the spring rates may be a little diff since the black diamond has a 4 door specific lift and the full traction economy lift dos'nt seem to mention 2 or 4 door ?? so I guess that would be my main question is if anyone thinks or knows if one rides harder than the other due to the springs...

Last edited by dhoffroad; 11-12-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:41 PM
JK Freak

ok well scrap that last comment about the full traction not having a 4 door OR 2 door kit they do I somehow missed that little thing....so well I guess all I'm asking is if anyone thinks the black diamond kit will be any rougher ride than the full traction ??
Old 11-22-2006, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Even if the kit does not come with everything, such as the Basic kit, you can still buy it!

Quick Reply: 3" lift kits