Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3" suspension lift + 1" body lift = 37s??????

Old 06-03-2007, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3" suspension lift + 1" body lift = 37s??????

I'm still waiting on my 4dr JK Rubicon, but am planning my mods and gathering parts now.

I intend to run either 36" Irok or possibly 37" Krawlers. Will a 3" lift with a 1" body lift clear 37" tires?

I'm not afraid to trim some sheetmetal for clearence. What is the best 3" lift? I am considering the 3" Full Traction Premium kit.

Thoughts?
Old 06-03-2007, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just get a 4" suspension lift, you will have to wait a little bit for the FT lift though.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:37 AM
JK Super Freak

It should work, if you're not afraid to trim (esp. for 36's). I plan to add a 3/4" spacer in the front on top of my 2" BB and add a 1" BL and TRY to run 36" IROKs.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like having more lift than tire:
4" lift- 35"s
2" lift- 33"s

Then you get alot more articulation, and IMO it looks better.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

Just get the 4" to begin with. If you factor in your labor costs of installing both, you will have saved nothing, and still not have what you want.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by PhilD
You may have to play with the bump stops a little. I'm running 36" Iroks with a 4" lift (+ 3/4" spacer up front) and they rubbed pretty hard in the front fender flares when stuffed and turned to full lock. I added a 3/4" spacer under the lower bump stops which helped quite a bit.

Thanks Phil. I wanted to hear some feedback from somebody who runs these. Where exactly were they rubbing? Top or sides of the tire? Do you think the extra width (13.50) causes more rubbing? Do you think a 37x 12.50 would rub more?

Sorry for the hijack!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by woolf
If you factor in your labor costs of installing both, you will have saved nothing, and still not have what you want.
I will have saved some factory suspension geometries, have a slightly lower center of gravity, and be better prepared for a future clocking of the t-case for a flat belly skidplate.

I might just run the 3" lift and 37's and trim whatever is in the way. I love the big tire low lift look. My daily driver F250 has 37's with no lift.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:18 AM
JK Freak

that pic shows a really good stuff, but it's mostly height rather than width. with really long bump stops you'll be okay. and just pull the front fenders entirely.

i'll second the 4" + 1"BL for 37's
Old 06-06-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by putnam dan
what cost to install a BL? Its just a few drilled hockey pucks. Don't tell me you need to get someone to do it for you
Apparently your time is worth nothing to you. Must be nice, but I don't have that luxury. Any time I spend working on something is time I could have been doing something else and/or making more money. Therefore it is a very simple equation; my time spent working = $$$$$$$$$$$$. As for a body lift being just a couple of "drilled hockey pucks," I will go out on a limb and say you have never installed one before, or at least done a good job installing one. They are quite a bit more extensive than that i.e. gas filler neck extension, bumper gap fillers or relocation brackets, shift linkage, radiator, etc, etc, etc.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by woolf
Apparently your time is worth nothing to you. Must be nice, but I don't have that luxury. Any time I spend working on something is time I could have been doing something else and/or making more money. Therefore it is a very simple equation; my time spent working = $$$$$$$$$$$$. As for a body lift being just a couple of "drilled hockey pucks," I will go out on a limb and say you have never installed one before, or at least done a good job installing one. They are quite a bit more extensive than that i.e. gas filler neck extension, bumper gap fillers or relocation brackets, shift linkage, radiator, etc, etc, etc.
for the TJ, yeah, and i haven't actually put one on a JK yet, but i've heard it really is just pucks with holes. no fan housing, filler neck or any of that crap. even the grill comes off to make the ones in the front easier...

Quick Reply: 3" suspension lift + 1" body lift = 37s??????