Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3 in trailmaster

Old 01-10-2014, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 in trailmaster

I have a 2013 wrangler unlimited and I am wanting to put a 2.5 to 3 in lift on with little money to spend on it. So I have seen the 3 in trailmaster for 329 and wondered if I should go with this one
Old 01-10-2014, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U will get a million different opinions on this...

If light trails and DD is all u are most likely going to do, then if it were me I would go will the teraflex leveling kit and call it done. I would avoid taller lower priced kits as they tend to always suck you in to spending more than planned in the long run because of dissatisfaction and cheap parts.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:06 PM
JK Junkie

Double post, but it'll consolidate his answers.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what is your intent for wanting a lift? Listing your motives will result in more beneficial helpful answers.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Fit 35 at one point in time right now I have 33 on it and some trail riding
Old 01-10-2014, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have run the Teraflex 2.5" BB for the past year and a half with 35's and was completely happy with it. I am on 37" MTR's now so I have moved to 3" Poly springs.

2.5" TF BB ( with shock extensions if you are not buying new shocks )
AEV Geometry correction brackets and you will be very happy and your wallet won't take a beating.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:43 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Open and read the Lift and Faq's links stickied right to the top of this modified area.

As far as that lift goes, it is a BB, (just spacers that sit on top of your stock coils), and comes with shocks and a few extras. Nothing much to it. So ask yourself what it "doesn't" have, and go from there. Like, it doesn't have any components to re-center the front axle. Do you care? It doesn't have any form of caster correction. Again, do you care? At 3", it is possible to run into issues with the front driveshaft. Have you read up on the options?

Just a suggestion, but do some research to find out what all of the different components do and at what heights you may or may not want them so that 'you' can make a more informed buying decision. Might be better than a long string of "Well, scratch that lift, how about this lift instead?" posts...
Old 01-10-2014, 04:33 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Understanding what your suspension components do and how they interact with each other and the steering components will help you make a intelligent informed decision that will fit your needs and budget. Running an incomplete 3" lift with 33's is not going to be of any real benefit for you off road and it will make driving on road at speed more interesting.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

I had a 3" trail master lift a few years ago. I would stay away. Spend a little extra and get a 2.5" lift from a more notable company like: Teraflex, rock Krawler, synergy, OME...etx

Quick Reply: 3 in trailmaster