Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

33" MTZ''s vs. Open Country (or other suggestions)

Old 03-25-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't really want to throw another tire in the mix but given where you live and the conditions you have described that you will be driving in, have you considered the GY Duratrac? The reviews on this tire very positive and it is an A/T that reportedly behaves more like an M/T and it has an aggressive look. Plus it is snowflake rated for it's performance in snow and ice.....just a thought.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MDJKER
I don't really want to throw another tire in the mix but given where you live and the conditions you have described that you will be driving in, have you considered the GY Duratrac? The reviews on this tire very positive and it is an A/T that reportedly behaves more like an M/T and it has an aggressive look. Plus it is snowflake rated for it's performance in snow and ice.....just a thought.
I did actually look into those initially. They're an awesome tire, but if I was going to go with GY, i'd do the MT/R's. Really like the look of those better and from all the reviews I've read they seem like a better all around tire than the Dura's.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not a great pic but here's my 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers, 17" XD Addicts, with 3" BDS lift.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00266-20110325-0738.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	141724
Old 03-27-2011, 01:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by emoody007
Not a great pic but here's my 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers, 17" XD Addicts, with 3" BDS lift.
Attachment 141724
How have those done for you so far? They look super tough.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepasauraus
How have those done for you so far? They look super tough.
Thanks, I like the way they look too.
My local shop I use, recommended them said they would be good for off road and daily driving.
I was actually very suprised how smooth they are on the road. With the suspension lift and the nicer shocks, my rig actually rides better than factory.
I've got maybe 2k miles on em' but so far so good.

Quick Reply: 33" MTZ''s vs. Open Country (or other suggestions)