Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33s now what

Old 10-03-2012, 09:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33s now what

ok i have a 2012 auto sport 4 door as of now we just do mild off roading. i just put 33s on it and the performance has drop i knew it was going to do this and id lose mpg but whats the follow up mod for this gearing and a chip/re programer but what gears do i need and for what. ive been told as high as 4.56 and to just run the 3.21 that it has. i was thinking 3.73 would work best for the gas and the off roading but im new to this . do i reprogram first or gear
Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

What a good brand for both
Old 10-04-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

Im not sure upgrading to 3.73 is worth your money. I would run 3.21 for now until you one day upgrade to 35's. However, if you don't go to 35 EVER, then I would go to 4.10. You might as well just find a Rubi transfer case
Old 10-04-2012, 06:36 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

is it safe to assume that you did NOT recalibrate your speedo yet? if not, you really should do that first before spending any more money than you need. sure, you will need to get something like an aev procal to do it but really, that's chump change compared to regearing. with your speedo calibrated, your computer will have more accurate shift points and, i think you'll find that your power loss isn't as bad as you think.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

The only thing stoping me from
Recalibrating the jeep is that it's a 2012 with the pintastar I'd hate to go in for the head and they decide that it was my fault the head (that thousands of people have issues with) messed up
Old 10-04-2012, 07:28 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by joshsolo
The only thing stoping me from
Recalibrating the jeep is that it's a 2012 with the pintastar I'd hate to go in for the head and they decide that it was my fault the head (that thousands of people have issues with) messed up
LOL!! could you PLEASE use some punctuation when you type. i know it's the in thing to do today but, it totally sucks to try and make head or tails about what you're saying without it.

having said that, i have a 2012 with a pentastar, used an procal to recalibrate my speedo, had the head problem and had it replaced without any problems and trust me, i've had my fair share of warraty problems. just see the sticky thread about it on this sub-forum.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lol sorry at work trying to type on my phone with fat thumbs.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! Could you PLEASE use some punctuation when you type? I know it's the in thing to do today, but it totally sucks to try and make head or tails about what you're saying without it.

Having said that; I have a 2012 with a pentastar, used an procal to recalibrate my speedo, had the head problem, and had it replaced without any problems. Trust me, I've had my fair share of warranty problems. Just see the sticky thread about it on this sub-forum.
Punctuation fixed...
Old 10-04-2012, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

LOL! That's funny thanks.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so I know what programmer to use. What would be the best gearing. I use my 33x12 to go off road and my stock 31s to go to work. What would give me the best performance?

Quick Reply: 33s now what