Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

35's vs 37's towing trailer

Old 05-02-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35's vs 37's towing trailer

I just bought a new Rubicon JK Unlimited. I'm planning to sell my TJ to pay for some upgrades. First on my list is a lift, wheels and tires of course.

I'm wondering if anybody has any advice about 35" vs 37" tires when towing a trailer? I am almost done building an M416 Offroad Trailer (see http://offroadtrailer.blogspot.com/) and I want to make sure I can pull it. If I went to 37's I'd need 5:13 gears front and rear, correct?

I know we don't buy jeeps for gas mileage, but was wondering what people with 37's were getting? I don't want to get 5 mpg driving to Moab and back. I have a honda to drive to work.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manual. mostly offroad

I have a 6 speed manual. I will be driving offroad mostly (except on the highway to get to the trail). I have a honda to drive to work in.

Quick Reply: 35's vs 37's towing trailer