Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

37" tires hard to balance ?

Old 01-21-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 37" tires hard to balance ?

i ordered some 37 " nitto mud grapplers with spyderlock beadlock wheels and the place says they are having a hard time blanceing the wheels and tires , is that common with the bigger tires or could it be the beadlock wheels ? they might try and use a sand bag in them. is that a bad idea ? or is this common ? thanks
Old 01-21-2009, 05:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blockrockin
i ordered some 37 " nitto mud grapplers with spyderlock beadlock wheels and the place says they are having a hard time blanceing the wheels and tires , is that common with the bigger tires or could it be the beadlock wheels ? they might try and use a sand bag in them. is that a bad idea ? or is this common ? thanks
ive heard that places that dont normally deal with large tires have problems balancing them
Old 01-21-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

There is a few threads on the same problems. Some guys suggested going to a tractor trailer places that service tires. Search the threads, there are some other suggestions there I know of...
Old 01-21-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

I've had my Spyderlocks for 1-1/2 year and never had a problem with vibration. What brand tires do you have? My offroad shop is the best.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im getting 37 " mud grapplers. they said they got two of them balanced but are having trouble with the other 2
Old 01-21-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

I got some used 36" TSL's from a buddy and they were hard to balance as well. The first place didn't do crap, and the second got them to where they are tolerable, but still not quite perfect. However, the TSL's are bias ply and these had some wear, so they started a little off.

If the first place can't get 'er done, go to another shop and ask them how good they are at balancing big tires. If you get a hotshot who says he can balance anything, he'll try harder and will eventually get them right!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

i work at a dealership so i was there when they balanced my 37's and it wasn't "hard" just some of them took a LOT of weight in order to balance them. between the 5 tires the lowest weight needed to balance was 2 oz. and the most was 10 oz which is a little ridiculous but what can ya do

Quick Reply: 37" tires hard to balance ?