JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   4.1 stroker? Who's done it? Pros vs cons (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/4-1-stroker-whos-done-pros-vs-cons-306908/)

m&kknox 03-13-2015 07:30 AM

But isn't buying a jeep with a 3.6 more expensive than a Hemi swap?

Rebuilding a trans is not horribly expensive and you can make it stronger.

I just want the jeep to perform better as a dd. I'm not looking for the biggest or baddest jeep.

jarod5 03-13-2015 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by m&kknox (Post 4069516)
But isn't buying a jeep with a 3.6 more expensive than a Hemi swap? Rebuilding a trans is not horribly expensive and you can make it stronger. I just want the jeep to perform better as a dd. I'm not looking for the biggest or baddest jeep.

👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇
I just want the jeep to perform better as a dd. I'm not looking for the biggest or baddest jeep.
👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆
That sums up what I'm looking for in my jeep

Krawlersaur 03-13-2015 08:48 AM

Not for me. Traded in my almost paid off 2010 for a 2015 Rubi. Resell value for the win. Out a couple grand, and now finally have a 2 door.

jarod5 03-18-2015 04:02 PM

Well I pm'd RIPP and they don't want to give or write me any tunes for the 505 engine. I see why they don't want to and I understand why. So know I have to rely on Performance Injection Equipment to write the tunes. Has anybody heard of them or done any business with them? Thx

2climbbig 03-19-2015 04:22 AM

another option is your local Dyno guy. They may be able to tune it for you.

Tooadvanced 03-19-2015 05:09 AM

You can finance a vehicle though. Well I guess u can "finance" a 20K swap with a credit card lol. And that 420 hp hemi is a myth. That's why the chevy 5.3s and the tundra will walk all over a Hemi any day. It's sad cause I used to have a Hemi truck and it got smoked every where. Got a 3.5 ecoboost that would actually smoke all those. Difference ford lies saying it makes less power than it does and dodge/ram lies saying theirs makes more than it does lol

jarod5 03-19-2015 06:18 AM

All my dynos around here are diesel shops. They don't want to touch a gas engine and they won't even put it on there dyno either. I may have to go to cincy or Louisville to do that. If there's any Indiana guys on here that know of one in Indiana pls chime in.

Elusive 03-19-2015 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced (Post 4072449)
You can finance a vehicle though. Well I guess u can "finance" a 20K swap with a credit card lol. And that 420 hp hemi is a myth. That's why the chevy 5.3s and the tundra will walk all over a Hemi any day. It's sad cause I used to have a Hemi truck and it got smoked every where. Got a 3.5 ecoboost that would actually smoke all those. Difference ford lies saying it makes less power than it does and dodge/ram lies saying theirs makes more than it does lol

Not true.
The comparisons are always a non VVT hemi. The modern truck VVT hemi makes much more power than a supercharged 3.8 or a 5.3, or a non VVT hemi and with a much better torque curve. most folks don't want to pay for the newer engine though, so the VVT swaps are relatively rare.

BenMowery 03-19-2015 09:36 AM

Tuner in Indiana

Have you tried Mike Norris Motorsports in Planfield?

Ben

BenMowery 03-19-2015 09:48 AM

More Tuning options

RPM Extreme also does remote tuning (according to their website). I think I read somewhere that they have some experience tuning supercharged 3.8's so it may be a good place to start. My concern is if the RIPP kit injectors would support the increased Displacement, along with all of the other modifications. I don't know what size they currently use. I have read somewhere the the compression ratio is the same with the stroker as the the stock motor so that helps. Being that they were building it, if you knew you where going to supercharge it, may have been a good time to install the Prodigy head studs. At any rate you could start with these guys and see where it gets you.

Ben