Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4.10 Gear ratio

Old 03-01-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.10 Gear ratio

Im thinking about getting a Rubicon. Was wondering how good 4.10s are with 35s? Still able to drive on the highway. Im planning on an auto tranny, so i know the ill deff have to turn OD off while on the highway.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the exact setup, but with an X, and I changed them out to 4.88's. If you don't mind taking off the overdrive every time you get on the highway, it might work for you, but for me, I had to change it out.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had 4.10s with 35s for about a week. The slowest I could cruise the parking lot at school without riding my brakes until I found a spot was like 18mph. My overdrive sent me a candy-graham cause it missed me real bad. I almost got to see single digit mpg too. I love my 5.13s!!! If it was not for them, I would can the lift and go back to small tires. IMO, it was unbearable.

Quick Reply: 4.10 Gear ratio