Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4 inch Rough Country lift kit for 2011 JK Unlimited

Old 12-11-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 inch Rough Country lift kit for 2011 JK Unlimited

I recently purchased my first Jeep, 2011 JK Unlimited, I own a 1980 K5 that has been, until now, my primary wheeling vehicle. I will be selling the K5 as soon as the Jk is ready for duty so it is time for me to start doing upgrades and the first thing on my to do list is a lift kit. I don't plan to dump a lot of money in this, but I do want a quality lift, as this is my daily driver as well. I plan to spend about 500.00 on the lift and about 2000.00 for wheels and beadlocks. I will be buying either 35 or 37 inch trxus as I already run 37 trxus on my k5 and love them, and will be buying Eaton 15x10 beadlocks for it to finish it off. I just want to hear feedback from those of you who have done the same thing or similar. I want to know If the stock Dana 30 can survive some light wheeling with 37 inch tires until I can afford to beef the axle up, or if I should hold off and just get 35s. Also will the 4 inch lift be enough for the 37 inch tires. I believe that this will work maybe need some light fender flare trimming. Is the 499.00 Rough County lift kit truly all inclusive, or are there any other little doodads that I will end up wishing I had bought before I tear into the suspension. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sgtcorncob
I recently purchased my first Jeep, 2011 JK Unlimited, I own a 1980 K5 that has been, until now, my primary wheeling vehicle. I will be selling the K5 as soon as the Jk is ready for duty so it is time for me to start doing upgrades and the first thing on my to do list is a lift kit. I don't plan to dump a lot of money in this, but I do want a quality lift, as this is my daily driver as well. I plan to spend about 500.00 on the lift and about 2000.00 for wheels and beadlocks. I will be buying either 35 or 37 inch trxus as I already run 37 trxus on my k5 and love them, and will be buying Eaton 15x10 beadlocks for it to finish it off. I just want to hear feedback from those of you who have done the same thing or similar. I want to know If the stock Dana 30 can survive some light wheeling with 37 inch tires until I can afford to beef the axle up, or if I should hold off and just get 35s. Also will the 4 inch lift be enough for the 37 inch tires. I believe that this will work maybe need some light fender flare trimming. Is the 499.00 Rough County lift kit truly all inclusive, or are there any other little doodads that I will end up wishing I had bought before I tear into the suspension. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hey I was just wondering if you ever got your lift kit on. If you liked it or not. Im about to get the RC 4" lift also (08JKU) I actually ordered before I researched but I have seen some negative comment about rough country lifts in general. I also like the 500 price tag, but if I have to rip everything out and buy a different make kit I will be dissapointed . I,m suprised nobody has commented on this thread. People on this forum are usually pretty good about replies.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newbluesparky

Hey I was just wondering if you ever got your lift kit on. If you liked it or not. Im about to get the RC 4" lift also (08JKU) I actually ordered before I researched but I have seen some negative comment about rough country lifts in general. I also like the 500 price tag, but if I have to rip everything out and buy a different make kit I will be dissapointed . I,m suprised nobody has commented on this thread. People on this forum are usually pretty good about replies.
I have a 2011 Rubicon 4 door, I have had my RC 4" lift on with 35's. I don't notice a difference in the handling and this is my daily driver. Been driving it about 9500 miles since lifting. I have no regrets about lifting my jeep!!! Now just wanting a Ripp Super Charger.

Quick Reply: 4 inch Rough Country lift kit for 2011 JK Unlimited