Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4" lift squeaks

Old 04-18-2014, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" lift squeaks

I just finished putting a 4" Rough Country lift on my 09 jk unlimited 4dr and I'm getting a squeak somewhere. Any suggestions? Really annoying. Went over every bolt and tighten them.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:55 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Maybe you could narrow down 'somewhere'? Hard to make any suggestions when the squeak is the entire jeep.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry. When I'm driving, the squeaks r constant. Im assuming its coming from the bushings somewhere. Oh, all coming from the passenger side. Sounds like from the front end.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Was everything torqued before you put it back on the ground or did you wait to torque till it was off jacks? Things should be tightened with weight on it, in their normal position.
Second does it seem to have any correlation with bumps or wheel speed, Engine revs?
try getting someone to bounce on the side rails while you poke around and listen. Touch things, Squeaking can usually be felt. If its the shock get some Non patrolium silicone spray and give the shafts a squirt, work it in a bit. My buddys was the heim joints on his quick discos, and his brake line mount wasnt tight and rubbing on the frame. Iv also had the brake pad retaining clips give me a rattle/squeal. Good luck!

I dont always drive where others cant. but when I do, its in my Jeep. Stay muddy my friends

Last edited by Jade_Monkey07; 04-18-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 4" lift squeaks