Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4" superlift ?s

Old 08-26-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" superlift ?s

i was just wondering if anyone who has this lift could give me some feedback on the performance. i know i would need new driveshafts, and i already have the front and rear adj. track bars. otherwise it looks lik a good kit for the price any input is welcome
Old 08-26-2008, 06:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

actually, being that you have a 2-door, you would need to get rear adjustable upper control arms as well so that you can set your pinion angle. if you have an auto, you will need a new front drive shaft as well. also, i would strong discourage the use of cam bolts to set your caster and would recommend that you get adjustable lower control arms to do this instead. did you also account for shocks? you will need them as well. IHMO, this kit is not as complete as it could be and you should factor these additional items into the total cost.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Superlift 4" & it's a great kit for the price. The ride is nice, I have no more front rake - the jeep now sits perfectly level.

I have an unlimited so the only additional item I got was the adjustable front lower control arms. As WOL mentioned - I wouldn't use the cam bolts. If your on a tight budget, like I am, I suggest going with some TeraFlex adjustable arms from Northridge4x4.com - best bang for the buck and they are BEEFY.

If you go with this kit, the only other thing I recomend is instead of re-using the original nuts and bolts as the instructions say, go out and get new ones (I got mine from Ace Hardware) The stover nuts especially were a huge pain in the butt.

Another kit you may want to consider is the Rock Krawler. You can the basic or mid kit at a decent price and upgrade it to their top of the line kit. I think they are on the East Coast too...
Old 08-26-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have it. Ditched the rear bracket and got a JKS rear adj trkbar from Northridge. No adj control arms yet, I didn't install the cam bolts and it handles fine. I still have stock shafts, although I do not disco , cause of the terrain that I offroad. Hill climbs, mud, sandy terrains, no reason as of yet to disco frt. I think that is the reason that my frt shaft has survived. Once you disco your frt driveshaft on a 4-dr auto will hit the tranny or the crossmember / skidplate if not notched. That's the main reason for getting a new one on the 4dr auto. Your gonna either rip the boot off or damage your tranny pan. I don't need one as of yet. 8,000 miles stock,10,000miles with a REBB and after that 6,000 miles with a 4in SL, mild to moderate off-roading, all is still good.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Superlift 4" kit with the Rockrunner lower fronts. I just replaced the front driveshaft because of the torn boot. It's a great performing kt, I like it alot and I'm glad I went with it. No regrets here.

Also an FYI, Superlift will be releasing a long arm kit at the end of this year/start of next and the current 4" kit will be upgradeable to the long arm.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

thanks guys. that helps clarify a couple of things. the rockcrawler 3.5" was another option but i did not know weather i needed a front driveshaft
Old 08-27-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TemplarAZ
...As WOL mentioned - I wouldn't use the cam bolts. If your on a tight budget, like I am, I suggest going with some TeraFlex adjustable arms from Northridge4x4.com - best bang for the buck and they are BEEFY....
Sorry for hijacking thread, but I've had the BlackDiamond 4" (Superlift) in the garage for about 6 months now waiting to go in...life just got in the way (I know, no excuses) So you've got the Teraflex flex arms front lower only? I'm not keen on installing the cam bolts either...so, Dave might have an order for those Flexarms from me by end of day, and the adjustable rear track bar.
thanks guys for all your input

Last edited by BlackNorthernJK; 08-29-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-29-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
Sorry for hijacking thread, but I've had the BlackDiamond 4" (Superlift) in the garage for about 6 months now waiting to go in...life just got in the way (I know, no excuses) So you've got the Teraflex flex arms front lower only? I'm not keen on installing the cam bolts either...so, Dave might have an order for those Flexarms from me by end of day, and the adjustable rear bracket.
thanks guys for all your input
Yeah, I have the TeraFlex front lower adjustable control arms only. I think if you have a 2 door you might want the rear adjustable uppers as well to adjust the drive shaft angle (not 100% sure on that though). They were the least expensive adjustable arms Dave had and I am really impressed with the quality and strength.

I installed my lift myself and if you need any words of wisdom/help just PM me and I will shoot you my phone number. My biggest suggestions are replace all the nuts bolts with new & print out the instructions and pictures from the lift install write ups from this site. They pertain and help even though they aren't specifically written for the superlift.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenmachine07
thanks guys. that helps clarify a couple of things. the rockcrawler 3.5" was another option but i did not know weather i needed a front driveshaft
Give them a phone call - I called and asked questions previously and they were responsive and helpful.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Solid! Thanks TemplarAZ!

Quick Reply: 4" superlift ?s