Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4bt kits

Old 11-16-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You hit the nail on the head. A turbo is exhaust gas driven. It uses back pressure to spool and create boost. That is why you need a significant amount of rpm's to make more tq and hp. A supercharger is belt driven and, theoretically, makes boost just above idle.

I would likewise go with a ripp supercharger if it wasn't for how much highway driving I do. My daily commute is 50 miles both ways.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

I really want a diesel, but my for the price of almost a new jeep. I think I rather supercharge
Old 11-16-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

same here
plus ive never had a supercharged vehicle before ive only had turbo charged cars (John Cooper works mini, Mazdaspeed 3)

Originally Posted by JKred
I really want a diesel, but my for the price of almost a new jeep. I think I rather supercharge
Old 11-17-2011, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those are 2 bad azz cars bro, I would have run the wheels off of that mini. I had an 04 mystichrome cobra and the supercharger was great, but there was a lot of maintenance for the unit itself. Especially when you run different tunes, smaller pullys and performance oils. The ripp does look inticing though.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SOBX
Those are 2 bad azz cars bro, I would have run the wheels off of that mini. I had an 04 mystichrome cobra and the supercharger was great, but there was a lot of maintenance for the unit itself. Especially when you run different tunes, smaller pullys and performance oils. The ripp does look inticing though.
I've been looking into the ripp, base tune out of the box gives some pretty impressive numbers to the wheels, and seems low maintenance (love maintaining vehicles tho, so I wouldn't mind)

I guess well see how my tax returns work out this year. I've already prepped the girlfriend with the thought of it. Time to do more research.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

lol thanks, the mazdaspeed went boom cuz it threw a rod which i found out later was a mechanical design flaw because alot of other mazdaspeed 3s and 6s and even some cx7s were doing the same thing. I traded inthe mini and got the JK.So ive only had my JK a few months but i love it so far. ill have to put pics of what all i have done to it. but that mini was so fun, it was turbocharged.
it torque steered like no other. (whcih was no fun) except when i wanted to change lanes j/k lol

Old 11-17-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haha, my dad has a mini s and it tq steers bad also. It is like driving a go-cart! Lots of fun, lots of speed and great mpg's.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice, ya torque steer no so fun.. but it alright, ya i miss getting the gas mileage i got in my mini but i had/still have a heavy foot. lol

Haha, my dad has a mini s and it tq steers bad also. It is like driving a go-cart! Lots of fun, lots of speed and great mpg's.

Quick Reply: 4bt kits