Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

!5" wheels that fit Database!!!

Old 03-25-2008, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**Edit for accuracy
lets establish some things.

Rim width is from bead seat to bead seat. an 8" rim is really about 9" wide, lip to lip.

BS and offset are 2 different ways of measuring the placement of the mating surface in relation to the rim. The difference is that bs measures in inches from the back rim lip to the mating surface and offset measures distance in mm from the rim centerline to the mating surface. on an 8" rim with 4.5" bs, the offset would be 0. As you increase bs, offset would go positive and if you decrease bs, offset would go negative.
Go here and mess with the #s to see for yourself:
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

On the Cragar soft 8 issue. I am curious as to where the rubbing occures for those that have problems. Is the rim center rubbing on the face of the caliper or is the outer rim rubbing on the outside edge of the caliper? My guess is that cragar got 2 batches of rim centers. On mine, the holes on my soft 8s protrude inward a bit and come pretty close to hitting the caliper.

Last edited by merfsiu; 03-25-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm looking at the Pro Comp series 152 street lock which looks to be the same as the Cragar street lock 352's. The backspacing is 3.75" same as the cragars. Will the Pro Comp wheels in 15" fit as well? I'm looking to do 33 x 12.5 tires as well, will this pose a problem?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Any word on the mickey thompson II 15's rubbing?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by merfsiu
**Edit for accuracy
lets establish some things.

Rim width is from bead seat to bead seat. an 8" rim is really about 9" wide, lip to lip.

BS and offset are 2 different ways of measuring the placement of the mating surface in relation to the rim. The difference is that bs measures in inches from the back rim lip to the mating surface and offset measures distance in mm from the rim centerline to the mating surface. on an 8" rim with 4.5" bs, the offset would be 0. As you increase bs, offset would go positive and if you decrease bs, offset would go negative.
Go here and mess with the #s to see for yourself:
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

On the Cragar soft 8 issue. I am curious as to where the rubbing occures for those that have problems. Is the rim center rubbing on the face of the caliper or is the outer rim rubbing on the outside edge of the caliper? My guess is that cragar got 2 batches of rim centers. On mine, the holes on my soft 8s protrude inward a bit and come pretty close to hitting the caliper.
Yeah, kinda like the pic I posted.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Yeah, kinda like the pic I posted.
You keep saying that BS and offset are 2 different things when they both do the same thing, that is quantify the placement of the mounting surface in relation to the rim.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by merfsiu
You keep saying that BS and offset are 2 different things when they both do the same thing, that is quantify the placement of the mounting surface in relation to the rim.

Agreed...the only difference between offset and backspacing is where you measure from in relation to the mounting surface. Offset measures either negitive or positive from the centerline of the wheel, where as backspacing is measured from the back lip of the rim...

You cannot have two rims of the same width with identical backspacing and different offsets...

PS....list updated!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sgtsasquatch
Any word on the mickey thompson II 15's rubbing?
Someone on here has them. And I have herd a few people say there ok.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
That's all well and good, but ALL 15" Cragar Soft 8 4" bs do NOT fit. It's touch and go. Also, the backspacing has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the wheel will hit the caliper. Not one bloomin thing.

i disagree... the BS helps, for lack of a better term, the widest part of the rim over the calipers...

Eagle Alloys 185's 15x10 -45 mm BS is what i am running
Old 03-28-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Default 15x10's

Went to a shop today, jacked up my rubicon in the lot and tried on three different wheels. {Crager Soft 8 15x10, 4" BS--rubbed brake caliper} {Crager V5 15x10, 3.75" BS--rubbed brake caliper} {U.S. Wheel Black Daytona 15x10, 4" BS--fit fine}
Unfortunately they only had 2 of the U.S. Wheels in stock. I ordered two more as well as 35x14.5 Super Swamper Boggers. Hope this helps someone.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubicon Rando
i disagree... the BS helps, for lack of a better term, the widest part of the rim over the calipers...

Eagle Alloys 185's 15x10 -45 mm BS is what i am running
Then you need to look at a wheel measurement chart....really badly. I promise, BS has nothing to do with it AT ALL. But hey, believe what you want.

Quick Reply: !5" wheels that fit Database!!!