Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

5x4.5 to 5x5 wheel conversion???

Old 10-21-2007, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 5x4.5 to 5x5 wheel conversion???

So I have 5 Bfg 33x12.5 on/American Racing AR-23 15X8 5X4.5 3.75 BACK SPACE 23-5865. The tires are still new, cuz I only had em for 3months on my old TJ. If I got the wheel adapters from Quadratec do you think it would fit on my 07JK? Would they rub on anything? Brake lines, fenders, etc?

Thanks,
Henri.

P.S. Adapters link from Quadratec
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92807_006.htm
Old 10-21-2007, 07:33 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Actually, with wheel adapters, you should have more breathing room than without them. If anything, your wheels will stick out quite a bit past the flares.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Actually, with wheel adapters, you should have more breathing room than without them. If anything, your wheels will stick out quite a bit past the flares.
Yeah but would it be a problem for the engine as far as stress goes? Do you think it would be a big change in handling?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Henri
Yeah but would it be a problem for the engine as far as stress goes? Do you think it would be a big change in handling?
you are going to have a huge turning radius. you are adding somewhere in the neighborhood of 3" on each side.

maybe a little more sluggish with the larger diameter and wider tire. do you have the rubi? if so, then the difference will be minimal.

have your dealer flash for the 32" rubi tire size.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:20 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Henri
Not at all. It would be no different than running aftermarket wheels with less back spacing.

Quick Reply: 5x4.5 to 5x5 wheel conversion???