Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

6 in short arm or 4long arm lift?

Old 02-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where do you get $15K from my post.? Thanks for implying I'm an asshole that spends other peoples money.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JKAG
Hey guys, iam looking at getting a lift kit for my 2 door jk. Iam looking at the RC6 short arm kit. How bad are my control arms going to be ****ed down. Is the ride really rough? Or is it fine ?

Iam also looking at RC long arm 4 lift. It looks perty nice . I know long arm is nice I had it on my XJ last year. Iam just in between . What you guys think.
If the JK was mine, I'd regard 4" as plenty, probably too much.
The issues to be solved with 6" on a JK add up. IMO, it doesn't worth it in terms of on/off road performance. The doubtful benefit of 2" more clearance, doesn't worth the much decreased stability -- on top of the geometrical and mechanical issues.

I had test driven two similar 4" lifted JKU's on trails, except one had long arms, specifically for comparing the feel.
None of us felt a true improvement with the long arms, including the Jeep owner himself.

However, for a 6" lift, I'd definitely take long arms.

Last edited by GJeep; 02-09-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ncb
Where do you get $15K from my post.? Thanks for implying I'm an asshole that spends other peoples money.
Originally Posted by Ncb
You'll have to get a new front axle housing

Originally Posted by Ncb
he could do or pay for some cutting and welding and retain the stock axle
My point exactly.

No need for those pricey axles

Quick Reply: 6 in short arm or 4long arm lift?