Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

? about lifts.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about lifts.

Hi guys, new to the forum. 1st off this forum rocks, I have been reading this for know about 2 months and I have picked up some good stuff here. I own a 07 JK sahara 2 dr. 3.21 gears:sad: Did not realize i was gonna mod my jeep, would have gotten the rubi.

My first question would be can I run 37 x 13.50 x 18 or 20 tires on a 3" lift? I will be doing some off road-ing mostly mud and sand. Rock climbing and some hardcore stuff would not be happening. If I have to run a 4" lift do I really have to do anything to the drive shaft. Also how much does the axle become not centered when doing a lift? does it look that noticeable? I will be doing the lift my self, so if there is any suggestions you guys can tell me to help me out, I would appreciate it.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can tell you that if you are going to run 37's , you will need a 4" lift to off-road it. Those kits are far more pricier, because you will need the full control arms, track bars and new driveshafts to do it properly. If your only goal is to get it sitting higher, you can go with a 3" lift. I went with 3" and 35"s and it flexxes well. most 18-20' wheels are built more for bling than ruggedness. I would stick with 16=17" wheels. your choices for tire style / brand/ type/ purpose will be better. This is just my .o2 worth
Old 06-10-2007, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

If you're not going to be doing anything hardcore, then why 37's? They cost more, won't perform well on the street, and will really sap your power. Is it just for looks? I'd go with 33"s or maybe 35"s.

Quick Reply: ? about lifts.