Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ace engineering stand alone tire carrier sagging

Old 09-08-2017, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ace engineering stand alone tire carrier sagging

So I've had my Ace Engineering Stand Alone Tire Carrier on for a a couple thousand miles and the extra weight of the carrier plus the 35" tire definitely weigh down the gate. Has anyone running this carrier had any luck adjusting the hinges so as to eliminate that "pick up" needed when the gate closes?
The following users liked this post:
Primate (06-28-2020)
Old 10-20-2017, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update?

Hi,
I recently purchased this carrier also and have been noticing the same thing... I’ve been debating taking it off and reinstalling it in order to adjust it. I’ve also noticed some rattle coming from it. Have you done anything to fix yours or heard any rattle? Thanks!
Old 10-29-2017, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been running mine with a 33" tire now for several months and have been generally happy with it. When installing I didn't think to level the hinges like shown in the video and noticed from day one that the tailgate will ride up a little when closing. I need to take the tire off and try to level it out a little better, maybe you can try that on yours.
The following users liked this post:
Primate (06-28-2020)

Quick Reply: Ace engineering stand alone tire carrier sagging