Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active Control and ABS issues after lift

Old 12-15-2016, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Active Control and ABS issues after lift

Ok, just recently put my 4 inch lift on. Since installing, my active control light comes on while steering or going around any right turns. Also, when turning right and breaking, the ABS activates. (or at least what I think is the ABS) I hear a grinding type of noise and then feel a vibration in the break pedal while putting pressure on.

Anyone have similar issues or know what the problem could be? All issues are just when making right turns. Nothing to the left.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Your steering wheel isn't centered, that's the issue. Fix that and you'll solve your problem. It's fairly sensitive and thus the feedback you're hearing and feeling.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! My steering wheel does appear to need to be turned to the left a little to keep it going straight. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

It will fix the issue
Old 12-19-2016, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Fwiw I had the same issue after just installing my 3.5" lift. Right away steering was off and TC and ABS kicked in. Two 15mm nuts in the drag link and a couple of upward turns on the buckle till the steering wheel was straight.... boom!!! Perfect now. I drove 11 miles to the alignment shop and it felt great and never lit up my dash board once.

Quick Reply: Active Control and ABS issues after lift